Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

level 51 Ice wizard needing help with gear

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
I am not finding gear in this world that is out doing my lvl 45 gear and the bazaar is having single stat junk that looks like it should belong in the previous arc.

should i go to wintertusk and try to find the crafted gear? cause i know i had a huge amount of trouble with the frost bones (ice wizard and all, even with the prism) or is there something in celestia im not finding that will out rank my stuff?

my gear is (from head to ring)

Head gear of the ice pilot

mailistaires Iceflame Tunic

Pyrelance's Glacier Striders

Snow Drifters Staff

Firewinters Ice Spark blade (with a +5 ice damage gem installed)

Jewel of feint (with both a +23 shield to storm and ice)

and finally Rime-edged ring.

all of that is in order with the character invantory screen, in case anyone wanted to know.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
I'm at a similar point in the game. I got decent-ish gear from the bazar because I'm too lazy too look for it, but it I'm also on the lookout for something better. The guy that has hat recipes in the grotto has some good hats, you might wanna look into those. I've also seen some good gear in wintertusk, I replaced some of mine there as well.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
So level 45 gear is sometimes worse than some 30, 35 and 25+ gear. If you have crowns, the crown shop can give You good gear. Malastire's thing is good, i am still low level for, i am level 46. Snowdrifters boots are pretty good, also try, for the hat, a level 45+ that gives lots of health, i have one, forgot how its called, Krokatopia queen something something hats and royal and a word that starts with sh like shuo or something, for robes. If you have crows: Timeless Yuletide Armour, Robes of Furious Winter, and Snowdrifters Outfit, If you dont have crowns use Mount Olympus robes, they give you lots of health, an d healing boosts, damage etc. For the wand use one of the Yuletide axes of something or another really good one is Staff of Long Winter, lower level things canbe scepter of sands and the ice version of it. I have some other things in mind that I forgot, I will post them when i look at my gear. ope you have some of this gear and this helps.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
I really hope my other post go through it was a lot of stuff.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
update yesterday i got really close to level 48 gonna be 48 if I play today

Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
Coyle IceBalanceSt... on Jan 11, 2021 wrote:
I really hope my other post go through it was a lot of stuff.
well im doing a bit better sometimes needing a crowns minion cause i just get delt a bad hand or things fizzle when they shouldn't (I.E when I really don't want them too)
are you sure the crowns gear from the yuletide packs are any good? i started to focus more on the crit stuff since i can't find anything that gives that and health and i'm already seeing the benifits of the crits.

and before you ask my second school in ravenwood was life so i have satyr however maybe the sun school was not the best option even if it augments my cards, would auras be better?

Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
zoeruth7 on Jan 9, 2021 wrote:
I'm at a similar point in the game. I got decent-ish gear from the bazar because I'm too lazy too look for it, but it I'm also on the lookout for something better. The guy that has hat recipes in the grotto has some good hats, you might wanna look into those. I've also seen some good gear in wintertusk, I replaced some of mine there as well.
where do you find these wintertusk recipes? i'm there now for that purpose but can't find them

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
hatter999. on Jan 13, 2021 wrote:
well im doing a bit better sometimes needing a crowns minion cause i just get delt a bad hand or things fizzle when they shouldn't (I.E when I really don't want them too)
are you sure the crowns gear from the yuletide packs are any good? i started to focus more on the crit stuff since i can't find anything that gives that and health and i'm already seeing the benifits of the crits.

and before you ask my second school in ravenwood was life so i have satyr however maybe the sun school was not the best option even if it augments my cards, would auras be better?
OH for crit stuff i can easily tell you some gear i have like 3 pieces of gear with crit rating and i can tell you them and zeus things give you like 300+ health. Yuletide gives you, frozen kraken(500 damage 3 pip spell) and 2--+ health with other bonuses

Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
Coyle IceBalanceSt... on Jan 13, 2021 wrote:
OH for crit stuff i can easily tell you some gear i have like 3 pieces of gear with crit rating and i can tell you them and zeus things give you like 300+ health. Yuletide gives you, frozen kraken(500 damage 3 pip spell) and 2--+ health with other bonuses
so i should try and farm Zeus for now with other people to get better gear then what i got right now?

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
hatter999. on Jan 16, 2021 wrote:
so i should try and farm Zeus for now with other people to get better gear then what i got right now?
I have zeus robes and zeus boots, i have senators hat but its not that good Zeus gives you healing ice damage and health, yuletide focuses on damage and resist and bad accuracy. I realized I dont have much crit things other then the celestian helm of totality which i think you already have. I currectly have Timeless Yuletide Armour but I sometimes use zeus gear. Sorry for the response delay

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Also how much health does Malistaire give you(like his robe)

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Snow drifters staff has bad item cards, try Krampus Staff, Yuletide axes, Tundra axe, scepter of sand, cold-sand scepter, or The Staff of Long Winter. For boots I cant really help you because I dont know hat to get for them either but other things I could help you a bit.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Yes,
You can opt to farm Mount Olympus for the full set of gear.
It is quite useful along with the Sky Iron Hasta Wand you are guaranteed to get.

In terms of the Wintertusk Gear, that is available if you are at least a Grandmaster Artisan [completed crafting quest in Celestia]

Carax Strongthread is the recipe vendor selling the level 56+ gear. It is excellent and serves as a good gear set until you get to level 60 where you can opt to farm for Waterworks Gear or Zig-Zag Gear. I prefer the latter.
He is located in Sudrilund which is about 3/4 way into Wintertusk.

A good pet with decent talents also helps tremendously.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
In terms of ring and athames, Ingulf the Grower in Vestrilund has some great options for level 56.

I highly recommend visiting and crafting the best level 56 ring [Wintertusk Ring of Valor] and level 56 athame Garnet Bear Claw.