Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potent Trap TC

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2013
Is there any way you can make the potent trap treasure card more easy to get, such as making it available to purchase or trade? I’ve been trying to get the tc to complete the Azteca crafting quest, by farming Malakeen Moondrinker. This will be my 20th time in a row trying to get this tc from one boss who’s “likely” to drop it. I enjoyed farming for it at first, but now it’s getting boring and I’m beginning to lose interest and confidence in myself for not getting just one ingredient for what I need to craft something. Please help.
Thanks.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Have you just recently gotten your character into Azteca? Because if so, you could turn in the Main Story quest "Broken Idols" to get two Potent Trap TC.

If not, then I guess that you could probably plant Ultra Alligator Pear Trees if you have any of those, obtainable from house duels such as Master Rattlebones.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2020
Omg yes ty for talking about this! Getting the potent trap tc is so stressful considering how long and hard these battles are to farm from the bosses. I've farmed Maleen Moondrinker over 40 times as well as other bosses and got NOTHING. I farmed for it with a few friends and they all got it within 2 battles. So at this point I think hopeless and you have to have pure luck for this. Gardening is useless as well because you'll just have to start focusing on another stressful thing if you didn't focus on gardening already. Wizard101 really needs to make it available at the bazaar or AT LEAST make the drop rates higher. So many players for years have been speaking out about this issue within the game. Honestly, no one..and I mean NO ONE, should have to farm multiple bosses (Especially when certain bosses are in long, draining dungeons) over 40 times just to get nothing at all or the bare minimum. I really hope the developers respond to this thread and make some changes about that because obviously this way ain't working!

Lvl. 140 Storm Wizard