Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does the revered crafting quest require PvP points?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
The pet pavilion reagent seems unnecessary as a requirement for the quest, especially since the toxic PvP scene is debilitating.

How does Arena Tickets being required in this quest beneficiate the game at all?

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I haven't gotten that far up the crafting ladder, but I find this comment disturbing. Like many other w101 players, probably the majority, I loathe the utterly broken PvP part of this game. Having crafting tied to PvP is a hugely wrongheaded idea.

That said, I'll point out to OP that you can get small numbers of arena tickets by doing daily assignments -- this is the primary reason I bother with daily assignments.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
I've done the revered crafting on my fire and the PVP part wasn't actually that bad. I just signed up for a 1 v 1 tourney, fled from the round 1 fight and then logged off or switched wizards for a bit. When I came back on, I had a nice supply of tickets and after a couple of days I had enough for the 5 trophies. Easy as that. :)

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
Aaron FireEyes on Nov 28, 2020 wrote:
The pet pavilion reagent seems unnecessary as a requirement for the quest, especially since the toxic PvP scene is debilitating.

How does Arena Tickets being required in this quest beneficiate the game at all?
Many players were unhappy with this when it came out. However it is possible to get Participation Trophies on day 5, 10 and 15 chests from Daily Assignments, but they do not tell you if you got one. You have to check your reagents to find out. I'd recommend doing Daily's on many wizards to give you more chances to get them.

Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
If my math is right, it would take about 12 years to get the right amount of arena tickets (4000 tickets required) from daily assignments for this quest on one wizard, which is just ridiculous.

And that's if wizards don't do PvP tournaments which can take a couple of days for the worst PvP players to get the 4000 tickets needed.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
king lucas on Dec 7, 2020 wrote:
Many players were unhappy with this when it came out. However it is possible to get Participation Trophies on day 5, 10 and 15 chests from Daily Assignments, but they do not tell you if you got one. You have to check your reagents to find out. I'd recommend doing Daily's on many wizards to give you more chances to get them.
It hadn't registered with me that arena tickets are transferable on the same account. Thanks for mentioning this, I am going to start doing dailys with all of the wizards on my account (currently 4).

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
DanTheTerrible on Dec 8, 2020 wrote:
It hadn't registered with me that arena tickets are transferable on the same account. Thanks for mentioning this, I am going to start doing dailys with all of the wizards on my account (currently 4).
Unless something has changed, Arena Tickets are not transferable.

I have been needing Participation Trophies for the Revered Crafting on 2 of my wizards for over a year. I used to do dailies on 12 wizards everyday to the point I had no time for anything else. I don't do them anymore and I won't do PvP. Sadly, this is an issue for many players while others claim they have more than enough for all of their wizards.

It was noted some time ago that not having the Revered Badge would not interfere with future crafting but, it seems that has changed. So, once my remaining 10 get to this point, they will also stop crafting. Not wasting time on something that goes nowhere.