Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkwraith's Umbral Shroud

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
Hello!

So I've been trying to do some research on where to get a specific hat named "Darkwraith's Umbral Shroud," or similar looking hats through fishing to stitch. My google results came up with very few posts on forums about it and nothing on the wiki saying it drops from fishing.

What I've gathered so far is that on the Wizard101 forums, people have supposedly gotten the hat through fishing at the house, "Darkmoor Manor." It came without any stats on it and is level 60, which is what I'm looking for. I've spent over 10 days spending crowns refilling energy at the house to fish for it and have yet to get a chest to drop it.

Here is an old thread about something wrong with the hat back in 2018:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?503275-Darkwraith-s-Umbral-Shroud

Here is the hat on the wiki which says nothing about it being available through fishing even though people still got it through fishing:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Darkwraith%27s_Umbral_Shroud_(Level_60%2B)#axzz6iapdHSrY

I am just wondering if anyone that has wanted this hat was ever succesful with obtaining it through fishing recently. I just hope they didn't remove it from the loot pool of the chests and would like some more info on whether or not it is obtainable still through fishing.

NOTE: I have posted this on other websites to hopefully gain some more info, so you may see this somewhere else.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Hey Ugermichman, I think I might be able to provide some context if not a solid answer given what I've experienced while fishing up gear.

This is anecdotal, I don't have data to back this up so take this with a grain of salt.

First things first, that post is about the robe of that set, not the hat, the hat is called "Darkwraith's Umbral Cowl"

Gear drops are incredibly rare, from my testing it seems like every time you fish up a chest it pulls from a certain drop table (Seeds, housing items, themes, music players etc.) and each respective table has a chance to be chosen (The chance for the gear drop table is probably pretty low)

I have recorded the entire drop table for Pyramid of the Lost Horizon if you want to know more about what I'm talking about.

Because of this, many of the fishable pieces of gear are not recorded properly on their wiki pages because a contributor needs to fish up this exact piece of gear that is incredibly hard to get. (You have to get an item from the gear pool and it has to be a specific one)

Every gear item I have ever fished has been a "any level" type which is why I agree with Aluramist from the 2018 thread that this is almost certainly a bug (which may have been patched since).

When ever I have fished gear, it has always been gear from the bundle that the house I'm fishing in came with, because of this and the weird level of the item I'm not entirely sure if that robe is supposed to be able to be fished from that house, however, it is on theme for the house which could mean that it is fishable but is not labeled correctly with the "any level" tag.

Unfortunately it does not look like support followed up on what the cause of this bug was so it looks like your options are to keep trying for it or do what you're currently doing which is asking people if they have gotten it.

My advice would be to take advantage of the 0 energy fishing weekends since (if you have the time to invest) it is possible to fish multiple pieces of gear and not totally break the bank.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the finder tool in game can also probably answer the question of whether this is possible to catch for you if you find a player with the hood stitched or equipped

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
flamemanox5 on Jan 27, 2021 wrote:
Hey Ugermichman, I think I might be able to provide some context if not a solid answer given what I've experienced while fishing up gear.

This is anecdotal, I don't have data to back this up so take this with a grain of salt.

First things first, that post is about the robe of that set, not the hat, the hat is called "Darkwraith's Umbral Cowl"

Gear drops are incredibly rare, from my testing it seems like every time you fish up a chest it pulls from a certain drop table (Seeds, housing items, themes, music players etc.) and each respective table has a chance to be chosen (The chance for the gear drop table is probably pretty low)

I have recorded the entire drop table for Pyramid of the Lost Horizon if you want to know more about what I'm talking about.

Because of this, many of the fishable pieces of gear are not recorded properly on their wiki pages because a contributor needs to fish up this exact piece of gear that is incredibly hard to get. (You have to get an item from the gear pool and it has to be a specific one)

Every gear item I have ever fished has been a "any level" type which is why I agree with Aluramist from the 2018 thread that this is almost certainly a bug (which may have been patched since).

When ever I have fished gear, it has always been gear from the bundle that the house I'm fishing in came with, because of this and the weird level of the item I'm not entirely sure if that robe is supposed to be able to be fished from that house, however, it is on theme for the house which could mean that it is fishable but is not labeled correctly with the "any level" tag.

Unfortunately it does not look like support followed up on what the cause of this bug was so it looks like your options are to keep trying for it or do what you're currently doing which is asking people if they have gotten it.

My advice would be to take advantage of the 0 energy fishing weekends since (if you have the time to invest) it is possible to fish multiple pieces of gear and not totally break the bank.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the finder tool in game can also probably answer the question of whether this is possible to catch for you if you find a player with the hood stitched or equipped
Hey flame, thanks for the info!
I think I forgot to mention in my original post that I have actually recieved the boots that is within the Darkwraith gear set, so I have a feeling that there is that VERY small chance to get the shroud. I recently got a job and college started so I don't really have the time anymore to fish for it. I'll definitely take advantage of the fishing benefit when it becomes available.
Thanks again!

Survivor
May 17, 2009
hugerichman on Jan 28, 2021 wrote:
Hey flame, thanks for the info!
I think I forgot to mention in my original post that I have actually recieved the boots that is within the Darkwraith gear set, so I have a feeling that there is that VERY small chance to get the shroud. I recently got a job and college started so I don't really have the time anymore to fish for it. I'll definitely take advantage of the fishing benefit when it becomes available.
Thanks again!
Ah! So you're saying you fished the boots from the house? That changes everything! Was it level 60 like the Robe? If you have a screenshot I'd love to see it, that would basically almost confirm that that set is a part of the loot table for Darkmoor Manor and I could add that data to the respective wikipages.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
flamemanox5 on Jan 28, 2021 wrote:
Ah! So you're saying you fished the boots from the house? That changes everything! Was it level 60 like the Robe? If you have a screenshot I'd love to see it, that would basically almost confirm that that set is a part of the loot table for Darkmoor Manor and I could add that data to the respective wikipages.
Yes, I was able to fish the boots from there. I do not have a screenshot of the chest its self, though I posted on another site and someone replied there with their image of the same exact boots they got, it is level 60 with no stats.
They may have already done what you are trying to, thanks for the reply!

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?514829-Darkwraith-s-Umbral-Shroud

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Wow, this is really strange, yea it seems like the fishable gearset is completely different from any of the level types obtainable in the Nightmare Pack, that almost makes me want to try for it lol.

It seems like someone noticed this was possible and attempted to make that wiki page for the robe but didn't exactly know what they were doing. The boot page is in the same boat but is a little more complete, I haven't seen any proof of the hat being fishable yet (it also doesn't have a page) but based on all the evidence seen here I definitely think it is fishable from that house.

I'm going to see if maybe we can add a (fishable) in parenthesis to the gear pages for these items to make it less confusing since right now they have the same level requirements as the 60+ robes but no stats.

As for that hat, keep going for it dude it would be so awesome to get it and also know that the full set is in that table.