Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Members' benefits reward glitch?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2012
I was directed to post this problem on these message boards by support@kingsisle, so I hope this is the appropriate place to alert developers to a possible problem.
During the most recent members' benefits event which offered double reagents rewards, I noticed that my wizards were only receiving one rather than two eldritch threads on their beastmoon seed harvests. (I saw only one eldritch thread appear on the screen, and the total number of eldritch thread in my backpack/bank did not change.) Was this intentional or an error specific to my characters/account?

Thanks!
Jessica SkySong

Survivor
May 22, 2010
I can't say that I double checked my backpack's inventory after gardening beastmoon plants, but I did notice that the eldritch threads (or other school-specific threads) were not doubled on my screen when harvesting. I think Wizard101 must have intended the double reagents to apply to reagents which weren't beastmoon event-related (i.e. more traditional types of reagents). Anyways, it was a bit annoying, but I agree that more clarity should have been provided.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Oh this has been going on now for a long long time with Event reagents. If KI doesn't want to give us double of any reagent, the solution is quite simple - Make a new category and stop classifying them as 'reagents'.

I have been reporting on a similar benefit bug for over a year now. It is with hatch peppers.
When we have the double reagent member benefit and a zero-hatched pet leaves the hatchmaking kiosk, we get only 1 pepper! Now how is that number a double of anything? We are supposed to get 2 peppers without the benefit and double that equals 4. We are being shorted 3 peppers each time this happens.
A dev has responded and said to let them know if we are not getting 4 peppers, I did and it's still happening.

One more reagent that I have noticed not doubling are Participation Trophies. I think we need to also check on Sonic Spring and Motes - Daily Reward reagents.

Survivor
May 22, 2010
That's interesting you mentioned this occurs with other types of reagents, though I'm not surprised. I did a quick search and apparently we aren't the only ones who have noted this type of problem in this forum:

See here and here for other people who have noted that their Beastmoon "reagents" (such as idols, threads, etc.) weren't being doubled.

I agree that they need to be reclassified as something other than reagents OR at least KI should be upfront and say that the Double Reagents event does not apply to event-specific reagents.

I'm not sure about the other types of reagents such as hatch peppers... it would be ideal if KI could just double all reagents, as the Double Reagent event's name implies.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Talon SoulCaster on Aug 3, 2021 wrote:
That's interesting you mentioned this occurs with other types of reagents, though I'm not surprised. I did a quick search and apparently we aren't the only ones who have noted this type of problem in this forum:

See here and here for other people who have noted that their Beastmoon "reagents" (such as idols, threads, etc.) weren't being doubled.

I agree that they need to be reclassified as something other than reagents OR at least KI should be upfront and say that the Double Reagents event does not apply to event-specific reagents.

I'm not sure about the other types of reagents such as hatch peppers... it would be ideal if KI could just double all reagents, as the Double Reagent event's name implies.
Here are some tricks I do to take full advantage of this benefit.

1- Obviously gardens. If a garden is elder and the weekend is approaching, it might be wise to wait a day to harvest.
2- Scroll of Fortune. I always redeem all reagent rewards only when this benefit comes up. All that I can at the time at least. And yes, at least one of the rewards do indeed double.
3- Pets. Train as many pets as you can but stop 1 pet game short of leveling to ancient or above (epic, mega, ultra). Do this during double pet xp benefit and make sure to not level it. Once double reagent begins, level them all! Pet tokens do double. Hmm, this tip is so good I think I might use it for KI Live. So no one steal it please

Thank you for those links. There should be lots more Topics on this. My memory stinks but I think I may have posted on some? And I think KI may have responded somewhere, saying Event reagents they don't want doubling. They used to double until KI thought we were getting too much of a good thing. Might be old threads on this on the Central website.

Can someone at KI please say if you will make a new category for so-called reagents that will never double.
Maybe they want to do this but need help thinking up a new category name. Let's help them out.
How does 'Non-Reagents' sound? This new category will include whichever current reagents do not double.
Maybe you'd also like to make a category for 'Special Event Reagents'.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2012
Thanks for all the input and tips. So this sounds like a deliberate decision by KI. In my opinion, they don't have to re-name these items---just warn us of what's happening. (Was this ever mentioned in any update?) And in the category of "Too much of a good thing", I recently returned after a long hiatus from Wiz101 to find that I no longer received double seeds at elder harvests during the "double gardening rewards" event, darn it! Oh well...

Survivor
May 22, 2010
By the way... I wanted to test if the problem with beastmoon seed harvests was limited to the Double Reagents Event for members or also if there were problems with the Double Gardening Event. The Gardening Benefit Elixir does double the harvests (reagents, battle coins, spellements, etc.) for Beastmoon seeds; presumably this means that a Double Gardening Rewards event for members would therefore also be doubled.

So it would appear that this "Members' Benefits Reward Glitch" thread would just be limited to just the Double Reagents Event for members. (This makes sense as well, since the other threads that I linked in my Aug. 3rd post were people who only talked about problems with beastmoon seed harvests during the Double Reagents Event.)

To be clear, there are more problems with the Double Reagents Event than just beastmoon seeds--as stemogstel mentioned in their Aug 2nd post--however I wanted to provide as much information here to help out KI, if they do intend to fix this. If excluding some reagents was intentional by KI, then I only request that this information be clearly provided up-front.