Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Post remaining macOS issues here

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Please post here any remaining issues with macOS systems and playing Wizard101.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2012
Sparck on May 3, 2021 wrote:
Why am I not able to play on my Macbook anymore?

Administrator
ngot1234 on May 4, 2021 wrote:
Why am I not able to play on my Macbook anymore?
Hello!

Are you having troubles accessing the game? Is there an error of some kind?

Please provide a bit more information, including your computer's model and macOS version and we'll be happy to assist!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Hi, I am no longer able to play Wizard101 on my MacBook as well. I have MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017) and am running Big Sur Version 11.3. I've tried uninstalling and installing the game several times to no avail. Whenever I try to start the game, it brings up a window saying that it is initializing. After about a minute, it disappears and the log in for the game never pops up but the game is still technically running in the background. Thank you for your help!

Survivor
Jan 11, 2021
Ive been having trouble accessing my wizard 101 on my mac. It just crashes when i try to open it. PLSS HELP!!

Survivor
Oct 04, 2012
Sparck on May 4, 2021 wrote:
Hello!

Are you having troubles accessing the game? Is there an error of some kind?

Please provide a bit more information, including your computer's model and macOS version and we'll be happy to assist!
I have a 64 bit 2017 MacBook Air. The game will not load since the spring update.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Hello there,

I'm unable to access the game through my Mac, despite re-downloading the game. I'm told the game is initializing, but that screen goes away and is replaced by nothing. I have not been able to even access the login screen on Big Sur. As computers aren't my strong suit, would you mind pointing me in the right direction to get it to properly play?

Best regards,
Shannon Skybreaker

Administrator
Please try a complete uninstall, remove the game folder and any other associated folders entirely. Delete them from your computer's trash bin as well. Then reinstall.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2015
I am unable to get on the game again, it just initialises and then no log in window comes up :-(

Survivor
Sep 20, 2020
I've got a 13-inch 2019 64-bit MacBook Pro running on Big Sur 11.3.1.

I've tried removing all files, deleting from trash bin, and reinstalling multiple times. The game claims to be initializing, then just disappears. Runs in the background but has no window/does not open. I've tried clearing and uninstalling/reinstalling multiple times to no avail. I haven't been able to open the game since the initial issue with macOS. Please fix this, it's incredibly frustrating.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
Sparck on May 5, 2021 wrote:
Please try a complete uninstall, remove the game folder and any other associated folders entirely. Delete them from your computer's trash bin as well. Then reinstall.
Okay I have done that, many times. It still doesn't work.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
A complete uninstall off my mac and reinstall has worked perfectly, haven't had any errors in a couple days.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
Hi, I can not play Wizard101 on my MacBook and I am having similar issues. I have MacBook Pro 2018, 13 inches. I've continuously tried uninstalling and installing the game several times. Anytime I try to start the game, it brings up a window saying that it is initializing, but is frozen. The log in for the game never pops up but my mac would say it's running. Is there anyway this will get fixed?

Survivor
Oct 13, 2020
I have been trying to get the game to work but I have done everything, deleted it reinstalled it, cleared my trash, it just doesnt seem to work on my computer but it works perfectly fine for my boyfriend. When I redownload it and put it in my application folder, I get a message saying that it has to finish installing then a message behind it saying it is shutting something down. The second message is so quick I had to record it to see what it says. im so sad i just want to play with my boyfriend and i cant :(

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
bohogen6 on May 11, 2021 wrote:
I have been trying to get the game to work but I have done everything, deleted it reinstalled it, cleared my trash, it just doesnt seem to work on my computer but it works perfectly fine for my boyfriend. When I redownload it and put it in my application folder, I get a message saying that it has to finish installing then a message behind it saying it is shutting something down. The second message is so quick I had to record it to see what it says. im so sad i just want to play with my boyfriend and i cant :(
I have been having the exact same issue.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2018
I am a MacOS user on Big Sur and after weeks of the game not working, I decided to try again today. Deleted everything Wizard 101 off my computer and it's still not working. I also had a membership when this happened that is now expired. I'm upset I couldn't even use the month membership. I don't know whats wrong.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2019
Survivor
Apr 06, 2020
Okay guys so i had the same problem with initialization screen and it disappearing then leaving it running in the background, I have found the solution! lol. So basically all you have to do is go into "Finder" delete wizard101 or rather throw it in the trash. After you have done that search "wizard" its what i did and then highlight everything or select all and delete all of those files, yes i know its going to suck waiting there for a while letting all the worlds and skins and whatever download again but you have to do this in order to get back into the game lol. If you want me to explain it easier just repost on this lol I'll check soon if anyone is confused. Hopefully this helped

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
bohogen6 on May 11, 2021 wrote:
Literally same ! And I tried downloading it off of steam and now it says it's only for windows. Super frustrating

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
vin541 on May 10, 2021 wrote:
Hi, I can not play Wizard101 on my MacBook and I am having similar issues. I have MacBook Pro 2018, 13 inches. I've continuously tried uninstalling and installing the game several times. Anytime I try to start the game, it brings up a window saying that it is initializing, but is frozen. The log in for the game never pops up but my mac would say it's running. Is there anyway this will get fixed?
I can second this encounter. It acts as if it is initializing and never loads the login page, despite me having uninstalled, trashed everything, cleared the trash, and installing it again.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2020
My partner is having the same issues with their mac as well. Although they have tried deleting all of the associated files as well along with the app icon and reinstalled the game, it still goes to the same initializing screen before it disappears.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
I'm still having trouble loading the game. I delete all associated files and emptied the trash bin and the game still doesn't work after redownloading.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2014
Is there any update on the MacOS fixI am running a MacBook Air 2020 13" and it still does not work for me after deleting everything related to wizard101 and reinstalling again. It only gets stuck on the "Please wait while Wizard101 initializes" and then disappears, but remains running in the background I ran the terminal for Wizard101 as well and it states that "wine: could not load kernel32.dll, status c0000135". Please tell me that you guys are working on fixing this, or if you can let us know how to fix it ourselves. Thank you.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2013
It still doesn't work for me as well. It also keeps showing the initializing window and loads to absolutely nothing.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
Same issue I try opening wizard101 but as soon as I do it says "Please wait while Wizard101 initializes" from there it just freezing and does not open up. I also run a MacBook Air with Big Sur update why can't this be fixed?? :(