Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

X pip spells using the wrong value of X

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2011
If I am second in a battle and cast an X pip spell but get stunned that round, and then I try to cast the same spell the next turn, it uses the number of pips I had in the previous turn instead.

For example, I'm second and I cast a 9 pip tempest, but it doesn't happen because I get stunned. Then I have 11 pips the next turn and I use the same card, but it only does 9 pips of damage.

I have observed this bug with several other X pip spells as well, including judgement, heckhound, and backdraft.

Administrator
Mil46 on May 5, 2021 wrote:
If I am second in a battle and cast an X pip spell but get stunned that round, and then I try to cast the same spell the next turn, it uses the number of pips I had in the previous turn instead.

For example, I'm second and I cast a 9 pip tempest, but it doesn't happen because I get stunned. Then I have 11 pips the next turn and I use the same card, but it only does 9 pips of damage.

I have observed this bug with several other X pip spells as well, including judgement, heckhound, and backdraft.
This may be resolved now with last week's update: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/game-update-for-may-5-2021-8ad6a424793b9b3a01793d82223a6996?page=1