Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better Absorb

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Can there be a better absorb for higer level life wizards . Maybe something that absorbs around 750 or 1000 attack points. As the game becomes harder 400 -500 isn't anything to shield you. Where bosses can now do 1000+ damage, it would be nice to have a better defense against it.

Just my humble opinion.

Rowan Lifebringer, Legendary

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Explorer
Apr 27, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Explorer
Apr 27, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
Can there be a better absorb for higer level life wizards . Maybe something that absorbs around 750 or 1000 attack points. As the game becomes harder 400 -500 isn't anything to shield you. Where bosses can now do 1000+ damage, it would be nice to have a better defense against it.

Just my humble opinion.

thats why

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
That is Ice Armor, which already exists. Leave the protection to the Cold Folk. The schools are similar enough already.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Wondoo wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:

Just my humble opinion.

thats why

That's not a good enough reason in my opinion. Yes, bosses can now do catastrophic damage, but casting Spirit Armor on myself has saved my behind plenty of times. We don't need another Spirit Armor; I mean, wouldn't that just make it harder for us in the long run?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Please trust me when I tell you that you don't want any new absorb spell. Heals are better per pip and they can both go critical and be boosted. You're generally better off shielding, using weakness, and using a heal over time spell.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Moribund wrote:
That is Ice Armor, which already exists. Leave the protection to the Cold Folk. The schools are similar enough already.

Good point. I didn't even think of that.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
sanmil0963 wrote:

Just my humble opinion.

Much more basic than all of this: where did you discover exactly what Absorb does? I have no idea and didn't find anything in Wiki. Is it actually documented somewhere. What about Mega Tranquilize? This really frustrates me.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Absorb is good enough. We don't need a stronger version.

Isn't Mega Tranquilize a stronger version? If not, what are the differences between the two. I find nothing documented about either.

Historian
May 01, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
Please trust me when I tell you that you don't want any new absorb spell. Heals are better per pip and they can both go critical and be boosted. You're generally better off shielding, using weakness, and using a heal over time spell.

exactly. its how dryad was also made, and i think how most life heals were determined (fairy, 420, 20 more than dryad at that pip. satyr, 860 i think, but same goes for it, and regenerate, 1152 full heal)

to me, spirit armor is only useful in one place, when you have full health. other than that, you are just basically wasting a pip on a pixie (both let you take 400 more points) and the major difference with frozen armor and spirit armor, is spirit armor can be cast on anyone, while frozen on yourself.

there are two differences with tranquilize/mega tranquilize- the mega is an x pip, and it makes the monsters focus much less on you.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Grimely wrote:
Much more basic than all of this: where did you discover exactly what Absorb does? I have no idea and didn't find anything in Wiki. Is it actually documented somewhere. What about Mega Tranquilize? This really frustrates me.

That's because 'Absorb' is the colloquial name for the spell. The real name of the spell is Spirit Armor. Sorry, but I can't find "Mega Tranquilize" on Wiki. If I had to guess, it's a Soothe-type spell. Those spells, when on a team of 2 or more wizards, make the targeted opponent (or opponents) attack you less or not at all. Spirit Armor is a special type of shield that fully protects you from 450 damage. For example, if I had Spirit Armor cast on me, and you attacked me with a Kraken that dealt 580, it would only deal 130 to me.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Moribund wrote:

I think he means for life and for other schools, We know theres a life one

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
That's because 'Absorb' is the colloquial name for the spell. The real name of the spell is Spirit Armor. Sorry, but I can't find "Mega Tranquilize" on Wiki. If I had to guess, it's a Soothe-type spell. Those spells, when on a team of 2 or more wizards, make the targeted opponent (or opponents) attack you less or not at all. Spirit Armor is a special type of shield that fully protects you from 450 damage. For example, if I had Spirit Armor cast on me, and you attacked me with a Kraken that dealt 580, it would only deal 130 to me.

Thank you for your response. I was mistaken. I meant the Subdue myth spell, which states "Reduce threat on target". Now, what does that mean? What does it really do? I have no idea. Mega Tranquilize is wrong, too. The spell I meant is Mega Subdue. It states "Majorly reduce threat on target". These spells have costs and consequences. All I know is the cost. 2 and X respectively, but I don't have a clue if each is worth since it's never clear what they do.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Grimely wrote:
Thank you for your response. I was mistaken. I meant the Subdue myth spell, which states "Reduce threat on target". Now, what does that mean? What does it really do? I have no idea. Mega Tranquilize is wrong, too. The spell I meant is Mega Subdue. It states "Majorly reduce threat on target". These spells have costs and consequences. All I know is the cost. 2 and X respectively, but I don't have a clue if each is worth since it's never clear what they do.

Once you think about it, you'll see that it really is clear. "Reduce threat on target" means just as it says: it reduces how threatening you are to the targeted opponent. This only works in PvE in groups of 2 or more though since in PvP you're not fighting computer-generated monsters.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Grimely wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Absorb is good enough. We don't need a stronger version.

Isn't Mega Tranquilize a stronger version? If not, what are the differences between the two. I find nothing documented about either.

What I am referring to is Spirit Armor. I am not talking about Asborb for Ice Wizards. When I say absorb, I mean what the armor can actually do, not the name of the spell. If my statement was confusing to you, my apologies.

Life Wizards do not have the ice absorb, unless you use treasure cards.
I (as many other wizards I have met) prefer not to use those. I don't see anything wrong with having something that will help you in the game.

I am not asking it to be increase to the point that you will defend off all attacks, but enough so you can defend off at least 1 or 2, so I don't understand your logic that Life does not need a better Spirit Armor once you reach level 58+.

Maybe you don't have a life wizard or have not advanced that far (this is not an attack, so plz don't take it as such). My point is that has bosses become more difficult and have higher attacks, that it would be beneficial to have a better shield for life.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Life has the healing spells while Ice has the shielding spells.

Instead of using absorbs, use the heal over time life spells. These HoT spells are extremely effective and should make aborbs unnecessary.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
What I am referring to is Spirit Armor. I am not talking about Asborb for Ice Wizards. When I say absorb, I mean what the armor can actually do, not the name of the spell. If my statement was confusing to you, my apologies.

Life Wizards do not have the ice absorb, unless you use treasure cards.
I (as many other wizards I have met) prefer not to use those. I don't see anything wrong with having something that will help you in the game.

I am not asking it to be increase to the point that you will defend off all attacks, but enough so you can defend off at least 1 or 2, so I don't understand your logic that Life does not need a better Spirit Armor once you reach level 58+.

Maybe you don't have a life wizard or have not advanced that far (this is not an attack, so plz don't take it as such). My point is that has bosses become more difficult and have higher attacks, that it would be beneficial to have a better shield for life.

As gtarhannon and Moribund said, healing is definitely superior to having a stronger Spirit Armor. If KI actually does add a Super Spirit Armor or whatever to the game I have no doubt the spell will be 5 pips or more, so in the end you're just safer going with Regenerate. Also, you do realize, somewhere down the line, the monsters we fight will be able to use this spell, don't you?

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
Try Ice Armor or Frozen Armor from Ice School.
If your not an Ice Wizard then equip an Amulet with that Spell.
These Ice Absorbs have better Pip value than Life Absorb spells.
Hope this helps! :D

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
What makes Spirit Armor so special is that with only three pips you can cast it quite early and use it to not take any damage at all (low to mid level). Any upgrades would cost more pips and casting before taking any damage is a lot harder (since the only possible first round pip amount is 4). Once you take damage, it is better to heal at that point.