Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Morganthe Doodlefish

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
Can someone tell me where this fish is? It's not listed in the fishing tome and nothing comes up when you do a google search!

Thanks so much :)

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
We've never seen this fish before, but it's Catch of the Day?

Please give us a hint as to where we may search.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2011
Just found out that the fish of the day is Morganthe Doodlefish.

Any clue about this fish??

Administrator
Hello,

The Morganthe Doodlefish is not yet available to be caught in game. Apologies for the confusion with this Catch of the Day.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
@professor grey, Will it affect the catching of day 7 times in a row badge (Catch of the week)?

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
Thank you! How exciting - a new fish to look forward to :) Will the catch of the day be changed then?

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Every account should receive credit for today; nobody should be negatively impacted because they didn't catch a fish they *couldn't* catch, because it didn't exist...

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
The day after Morganthe Doodlefish, the 'Catch of the Day' fish is Shiner and my gold bonus is reset. I caught 3 Shiner and got the message my bonus is 100 gold (it was at 3,000 beforehand) and they are selling for 3,361 and 3,997 gold and a whopper size one is selling for 5,689 gold. Seems like a lot of gold for a 100 bonus but the wording is that it was reset and it is very confusing whether this was a deliberate way for KI to reset everyone's bonuses as they had all day long to fix this. At the very least it could have been brought to our attention on Ravenwood News when we first log in. I wasted hours upon hours of frustration researching Morganthe Doodlefish because KI does not know how to communicate.
My guess is this new fish along with this weeks tournament fish, Red Grunion will both be in a new house. Why would Red Grunion be swimming there? Because it is arguably the hardest to catch fish in entire game and how can they ask us to catch whopper ones when it's hard enough to catch just one regular sized one?
Anywho, will someone at KI please step up and post what is being done for this huge mistake?!

Btw, shouldn't this fish be called, Morganthe Doodlefishette?

Administrator
stemogstel on Apr 19, 2016 wrote:
The day after Morganthe Doodlefish, the 'Catch of the Day' fish is Shiner and my gold bonus is reset. I caught 3 Shiner and got the message my bonus is 100 gold (it was at 3,000 beforehand) and they are selling for 3,361 and 3,997 gold and a whopper size one is selling for 5,689 gold. Seems like a lot of gold for a 100 bonus but the wording is that it was reset and it is very confusing whether this was a deliberate way for KI to reset everyone's bonuses as they had all day long to fix this. At the very least it could have been brought to our attention on Ravenwood News when we first log in. I wasted hours upon hours of frustration researching Morganthe Doodlefish because KI does not know how to communicate.
My guess is this new fish along with this weeks tournament fish, Red Grunion will both be in a new house. Why would Red Grunion be swimming there? Because it is arguably the hardest to catch fish in entire game and how can they ask us to catch whopper ones when it's hard enough to catch just one regular sized one?
Anywho, will someone at KI please step up and post what is being done for this huge mistake?!

Btw, shouldn't this fish be called, Morganthe Doodlefishette?
We are taking steps to assure that unavailable fish won't show up again in the future as Catch of the Day. Again, apologies for the inconvenience caused by the mix-up yesterday.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
If at all possible, I really think KI should reset our fishing bonus totals to where they were before they made the mistake of making an unavailable fish the "catch of the day." Only fair, imo. It takes time every day to build up consecutive bonuses for doing the catch of the day. Feels bad to lose it through no fault of our own.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
alaric alaric on Apr 19, 2016 wrote:
If at all possible, I really think KI should reset our fishing bonus totals to where they were before they made the mistake of making an unavailable fish the "catch of the day." Only fair, imo. It takes time every day to build up consecutive bonuses for doing the catch of the day. Feels bad to lose it through no fault of our own.
Absolutely.

This is the bare minimum we should expect of them and it's shameful that it had to be requested by players, and more shameful that even after players pointed it out, it didn't happen.

Administrator
alaric alaric on Apr 19, 2016 wrote:
I'm sorry, but resetting everyone's fishing bonus is not possible.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
I understand if it's not possible to reset everyone's fishing bonuses. Too bad, though. I only lost a week, but some people lost a month and more.

Maybe it would be a good idea to program in a two or three day grace period, so instead of losing your bonuses the first day you miss, you can miss a few days and still pick up where you left off. That especially would help if your internet goes down, KI is down or makes another mistake, or you're out of town with no access to internet, etc.