Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No more Shocked Keys in Silver chests?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
I've been opening chests all morning - more than a dozen, in fact, and I have yet to receive a Shocked Key today. My average on earlier days has been one every five or six chests, for a total of 12 in my backpack.

Hopefully something didn't get twigged during maintenance or something and it's just a run of bad luck.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2014
I've done like two dozen chest and only got one key near the beginning. last few days not a single key.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Question. Do you have to do the chests to get a key or just open them? Like can you open it and fail the game and still get a key?

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
Yesterday I got 2 keys without even going for them. I wasn’t even looking for them, just doing the silver chests cause I like the games. I think that they’re really rare, but if that’s the case, I must’ve had some good luck for once. Anyways, I don’t think that the chests stopped dropping keys, maybe it’s just a matter of luck?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Pyle1197 on Nov 19, 2017 wrote:
Question. Do you have to do the chests to get a key or just open them? Like can you open it and fail the game and still get a key?
No. The key is included among the rewards if you win.

For others who might be having trouble with finding or winning silver chests, Key Lime plants are now dropping Shocked Keys as rewards. You can get Key Limes by planting Huckleberry plants, either Red or Pink ones. (I'm not quite sure, I think I got my Key Limes from Pink Huckleberries.)

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Freshta on Nov 19, 2017 wrote:
No. The key is included among the rewards if you win.

For others who might be having trouble with finding or winning silver chests, Key Lime plants are now dropping Shocked Keys as rewards. You can get Key Limes by planting Huckleberry plants, either Red or Pink ones. (I'm not quite sure, I think I got my Key Limes from Pink Huckleberries.)

Alia Misthaven
THANK YOU for that info!

I am unable to do the silver chests because of brain damage caused by illness some years ago. I am unable to do simple puzzles like the ones in the chests and sometimes simple math problems confuse me.

If I can get the keys from plants, then more power to me! WOOHOO! I have plenty of plants, so I'll give it a shot. Thank you for posting this.

Now, if there was a better way to get the arena tickets without PvP, I'd be a happy camper.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I'd love if we could win shocked keys in those games that fill up our potions? Know what I mean?

Some players do not have fast physical reflexes or for various reasons beyond their personal control, simply cannot stand a chance at the silver chest games.

It's great to know we can possibly get them by growing Key Limes. Thank you Freshta!

I'm in agreement about the PVP trophies.

I have an idea. What if people meet at a given realm, on a recurring day, and form a meeting of the minds?

Specifically: Players who are bad at PVP or who have never/never want to PVP, could meet with players who love PVP and are great at PVP, casually speaking, in a given realm on a recurring day (drop in any time type of thing.)
The players who hate PVP or don't want to do PVP, can agree to stand and lose, upping the PVP players' scores, but eventually receiving enough tickets to win a participation trophy.

I wish I could recall who said that you get 250 guaranteed arena tickets just for playing. Well, participation trophy is what they give the losers anyway. So, might as well keep with that "L" theme and purposely lose. Eventually will gather enough tickets to get trophies, and can use those in the Revered quest.
Too stressful to try seriously to play PVP when some players live for that stuff. Then there's the trash talking, although you can put people on Ignore, some people stress out and forget about that option.

Sounds like a win/win to me. Thoughts??