Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School Recommendations

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2011
Hey all,
I know that all schools have their ups and downs, but I am about to max my storm out (finally) and was wondering if any of you had something that could sway my decision one way or another. I currently have a 103 fire as well that I will be working on before I start a new wiz. Currently, i’m torn between Life and Death. I’m a big fan of both and were just looking to see what anyone else thinks are some pros and cons about each school.

Thanks!
Jordan

Jordan lvl 127
Kane TitanBlade lvl 103

Survivor
Jun 25, 2014
Death is very good for soloing, life is less good solo wise, but is much better at support.
Both can solo or support though.
I'd personally recommend Death.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
I have both life and death, I can say death is probably more versatile and it's easier to solo with. My death functions as a healer as well as attacker so you can do both. I'd recommend death!

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
I’ve soloed my Life to Celestia. Just got there today in fact. I only needed help once - with the final Ravenscar battle although admittedly I could have put Ravenscar off. I do recommend Life. It’s a versatile school. Forest Lords battle however will probably require some strategy. I had to use a crowns minion. But that was just because I was tired of dying.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Here are my thoughts;

Pros
  • Good Defense - The school excels in defensive and of course healing capabilities. Also has high health
  • Good Support - Goes without saying, the school also does well in team/group play.
  • High Accuracy - The best of all schools. You will literally hardly fizzle.

Cons

• Poor Offense - The school has one of the lowest attacking spells/attribute. - Combat this by using enchants and enchant TC such as tough and giant during the earlier worlds if you don't intend on using the level 50 elixir.
  • Not the best in soloing - The school is one of the worst in soloing. This is mainly due to the fact that the school lacks an early level AoE unless you happen to have Ratatoskr's Spin. This spell is vital.

Pros

• Good Offense - Death becomes a powerhouse when it comes on to offensive attributes.
  • High Accuracy - Accuracy is good too!
  • Spell Utility - Of course, this goes without saying, the school has a wide arsenal of varying spells with utilities such as plague and of course the drain spells.
  • Excellent Solo - The school ranks among the best in soloing.

Cons

• Takes time - The school will not hit as hard as others. It may take some time to build up for solid hits.
  • Average Defense - The school isn't excellent in defense nor is it bad. This is probably not a con too much though as the school has a wide variety of ways to address this.

Having both schools, using death was definitely easier. Life isn't the easiest to use as a solo. Doesn't mean it is impossible though. Just will take some time and well patience. That is the essence of the school after all.