Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Awesome Houses Can't Always Be Rated Due to Recent Requirement

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Hello! I have been using the castle tour system to look at some incredible houses, but sadly a lot of them can not be rated due to the new indoor requirement as the decorator may be using the inside of their castle for something different or is not finished yet, etc. so they block it off.

I understand the change is to prevent castles from being boosted up the leaderboard or easily diminished from a rightful leaderboard place, but this must-visit-inside requirement is preventing a lot of them from being rated and sadly preventing them from getting the recognition the deserve from touring players.

I understand the requirement, is there any way there could be a check mark button added to the requirement, that way if owners don't want players to enter the house, they can disable the interior entry ways so other players can't enter and allows the owner to cancel the must-visit-inside requirement so their awesome castle can be rated without players having to see the inside? I have seen some awesome houses that I sadly can't rate because touring players aren't supposed to/not allowed to go inside.

Thanks!

John Seablood Level 130
Luis DreamBlade Level 88 Ice
David FireMender Level 31 Fire
Justin DawnBreaker Level 26 Life

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!
Administrator
iWhiteTiger93 on Dec 3, 2020 wrote:
Hello! I have been using the castle tour system to look at some incredible houses, but sadly a lot of them can not be rated due to the new indoor requirement as the decorator may be using the inside of their castle for something different or is not finished yet, etc. so they block it off.

I understand the change is to prevent castles from being boosted up the leaderboard or easily diminished from a rightful leaderboard place, but this must-visit-inside requirement is preventing a lot of them from being rated and sadly preventing them from getting the recognition the deserve from touring players.

I understand the requirement, is there any way there could be a check mark button added to the requirement, that way if owners don't want players to enter the house, they can disable the interior entry ways so other players can't enter and allows the owner to cancel the must-visit-inside requirement so their awesome castle can be rated without players having to see the inside? I have seen some awesome houses that I sadly can't rate because touring players aren't supposed to/not allowed to go inside.

Thanks!

John Seablood Level 130
Luis DreamBlade Level 88 Ice
David FireMender Level 31 Fire
Justin DawnBreaker Level 26 Life
A good idea, I'll pass it along to the team. Maybe we can get a checkmark in there or something.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
as someone who is big into houses and the housing tour. i do not mind the requirement. it and the 30 second delay to vote are great. keeps things more honest.

it doesnt take much to do the requirement, even if the inside is not finished or whatever. just make a fabulous entryway and close it off. ive done this on a couple of houses. ive also done a teleporter to the inside that was set up. i am a weird kind of decorator too, haha, i have used parts of other houses to do another house. like my death house, that is done up for halloween. there just wasnt enough room inside to do what i wanted, so i used part of my red barn farm to do part of the maze as well as building a room on the outside of the inside for my "Oni summoning room" i used 2 rooms in my battle mage keep to make the "haunted library and the tomb" and then, i went even further and made a haunted forest in my wyrd house to attach to the maze in my death house. so my death house is using 4 houses just for itself :p and thats ok, because i can still use those other 3 houses for other projects if i would like.

now, you might think this is bad, send players to another house but, the way its set up you will visit the outside and inside long before the 30 seconds are up. and the system wont let you leave without reminding you to vote.

i think the main problem is that some of them just do not know the new requirement.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
oh, one other thing. there are now some top rated houses on the list that we wouldnt have seen before. with the new system and players needing to vote to get the recipes. up till now, the top houses were mostly the same players over and over. and we never got to see these amazing houses before. its wonderful :) thee isnt much on the top ten that shouldnt be there, the way it used to be. heck, most of what i have seen from the whole top 100 should be there.

i also think the new system has some way to protect the top houses from being "down voted" which was a problem before. it doesnt keep any other houses from being voted up to the top, but from what i have seen, once there you have some protection from being intentionally voted down.