Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have different languages, PLEASE

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Why cant we type in German, French, Russian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese. Like just because it is not an english word does not mean its not a word, let people talk in there OWN native language, they could connect to people from the same country better. If being rude is a problem, solutions: first of all if someone curses at you in a different language that you dont understand, they cant report you, they did not get offended, or become sad, mad or whatever, thats just reporting for absolutely no reason. Second, just like get a person who knows the language to like filter out the curse words and i personally think cursing is ok in like a joking manner but i know most people will go no, no, no, no, no, we need filters, cursing bad. Sure, then put in filters. But my main thing is i just want different languages available.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
This is more about localization. There ARE servers that operate in these languages, but they are not run by Kingsisle. They are hosted on the European servers. I encourage you to look there if you would like to not only chat in your native language but have all game text also match. I don't believe every European language is there, but many are.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
If they do that, they will very likely have to look for more moderators that speak other languages. It would end up costing them more money (unless they get volunteer moderators).

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
rest on Mar 2, 2021 wrote:
This is more about localization. There ARE servers that operate in these languages, but they are not run by Kingsisle. They are hosted on the European servers. I encourage you to look there if you would like to not only chat in your native language but have all game text also match. I don't believe every European language is there, but many are.
my native language isnt english thats the whole point

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
stevp on Mar 3, 2021 wrote:
If they do that, they will very likely have to look for more moderators that speak other languages. It would end up costing them more money (unless they get volunteer moderators).
Still would make many players happy and people who dont know english might start wanting to play the game.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
so how do I go to a European server, like where do I switch servers, and is only EU servers or do they have other ones.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
It also annoying that you cant say country names, like even if you are in a U.S. server you cant say "I am Greek". Also just for clarification Kingsisle only runs servers in the U.S. not it ANY other countries?

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
hi,
i come from the french server and i can tell you i deserted them long ago because less and less people played and as result they stop to translate the game on my last check i saw 4 or 5 wizard at the arena and few other on the common and only on the main server

I think the european server were regrouped by gameforge 5 years ago but i don't know if they will keep the game online for long

but you can speak french, german, spanish, ...

oh and this server are not from kingisle so nothing from here will be appear

The GoldenFlame heir of the BlancheFlamme

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
stevp on Mar 3, 2021 wrote:
forum moderator were volunteer except the admins that were also the traductors on the game speach (in 2014 just before i moved to a more populated spiral

in the game the filter was very weak on french version cuz you could just speak on another language or use caps but the poor player base don't need too much moderator to keep watching i'm not even sure you will find a single soul between zafaria and azteca.
Even before my leave, i played with real life friend to quest in group cuz we didn't met many random player and i can tell you playing storm solo without waterworks gear(aquila and other dungeon wasn't existing yet) without the hope of finding someone to help you pass xibalba, you never play storm with low defense anymore ( and you understand the poor choice that was to replace sun by moon spells)

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Stormwind 8108 on Mar 5, 2021 wrote:
forum moderator were volunteer except the admins that were also the traductors on the game speach (in 2014 just before i moved to a more populated spiral

in the game the filter was very weak on french version cuz you could just speak on another language or use caps but the poor player base don't need too much moderator to keep watching i'm not even sure you will find a single soul between zafaria and azteca.
Even before my leave, i played with real life friend to quest in group cuz we didn't met many random player and i can tell you playing storm solo without waterworks gear(aquila and other dungeon wasn't existing yet) without the hope of finding someone to help you pass xibalba, you never play storm with low defense anymore ( and you understand the poor choice that was to replace sun by moon spells)
so how do i switch servers, and like honestly just because english is currently the most spoken language does not mean everything now has to be in english, like I wanna speak in Russian to some people, I think I saw some Russians in the U.S. server commons and I cant just speak in Russian with them, like smh.

Explorer
Oct 24, 2019
Considering Kingsisle now has a Parent Company in Gamigo, Gamigo is based in Europe, specifically Germany.

It also operates in:
Poland
(Wiz has a Polish Server with Gameforge)
Turkey
(Wiz used to have a Turkish Server)
South Korea
(Wiz NEEDS to make a Server or Language Pack there, thats the next best Gaming Market besides China and Japan)
New York
Redwood City
Austin (Probably where Kingsisle and Gamigo met together and made the entire deal)
and Bellevue.

I would not be surprised if theyre already planning an expansive outreach for the Games Languages and Appeal. It even says theyre looking into it in one of their Merger Photographs.

I just hope that if they do add international player bases to the Wizard101 community, theyll have them all accessible in a single client. Like Runescape or WoW. Goodbye Gameforge, Hello Gamigo/MGI.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
JValhalla on Mar 5, 2021 wrote:
Considering Kingsisle now has a Parent Company in Gamigo, Gamigo is based in Europe, specifically Germany.

It also operates in:
Poland
(Wiz has a Polish Server with Gameforge)
Turkey
(Wiz used to have a Turkish Server)
South Korea
(Wiz NEEDS to make a Server or Language Pack there, thats the next best Gaming Market besides China and Japan)
New York
Redwood City
Austin (Probably where Kingsisle and Gamigo met together and made the entire deal)
and Bellevue.

I would not be surprised if theyre already planning an expansive outreach for the Games Languages and Appeal. It even says theyre looking into it in one of their Merger Photographs.

I just hope that if they do add international player bases to the Wizard101 community, theyll have them all accessible in a single client. Like Runescape or WoW. Goodbye Gameforge, Hello Gamigo/MGI.
All I need is a Greek server, a Russian server, and a Japanese server, mostly Russian tho, the other 2 not as much.