Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Fix the Castle Tours Ratings Badge

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
I thought this was fixed, as a few weeks ago I was efficiently able to view 10 houses per day and they all went towards my total rating. But yesterday, I discovered the bug is back. It stopped counting yesterday for me at 8 houses, and today it stopped at only 6. This is so frustrating when you are trying to earn the 1,000 rated badge, can this please be actually fixed? Same thing with the beastmoon badges for mayhem which are broken. Thanks.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
Today (March 8th, 2021) I was also only able to go from 340 rated castles to 346 before it stopped counting them for the day. This is probably the lowest limit I've seen so far.

As always there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when or why it stops counting. I've noticed that if you end up in the same house twice on the same day and re-rate it then the second rating won't count towards badge progress which is fair. However, my badge progress was still increasing afterwards so that's not the issue.

I consistently do housing tour ratings in the mornings or afternoons where I am, about 12:00 PM-4:00 PM CST. I thought maybe rating houses around 12:00 AM CST when the daily limit resets could be messing with the daily limit for the following day somehow but that clearly isn't the problem either.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
For real. This needs to be fixed, at this point I'm almost giving up b/c I can't get 10 a day. I only got 7 today and it's just a waste of time at this point. I'm convinced it's just a flaw in the system and a bug, I have no idea how to fix it or make it start counting again. It is supposed to cap at 10 but it's broken and half the time it doesn't.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I'm having this same problem like I'm fine if they dont want us speed running our way through the badges but it is really annoying to only get about 6 rates in before the game decides that it doesn't want to count anymore.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
I'm having the same issue. The only common element I have seen is re-rating a house I've rated previously (the same day or a previous day). But it doesn't happen every time...and doesn't happen always immediately after re-rating the house.

Today I maxed out at 9, and it stopped counting three houses after I re-rated...a couple of days ago, I maxed out at 7 and it stopped counting immediately after the re-rate. In both cases, they were houses that I'd rated on a previous day.

Also, if I choose Any castle and Random, I'd think there would be logic preventing me from hitting a castle I'd previously rated...there must be plenty of castles that need ratings. Alternatively, give me the option to include or exclude previously rated castles. I do see benefit to the use case of having people re-rate castles (maybe even incentivize this after a certain amount of time so that people who spend time working on their castles can have their ratings increased).

I look forward to this being fixed in the Spring Update!! Here's hoping!

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Today I was only able to get seven added to the count.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
I was really excited to see that the castle tours Daily Castle Rating Badge Credit now shows in the chat window.

I was less excited when I realized that, even though my chat window says Daily Castle Rating Badge Credit 10/10, in fact, my count on the badge had only gone from 621 to 630...Which is not 10.

I did run into the issue where I was put back into a castle that I'd already rated, so I skipped out. But that was between 6/10 and 7/10...

When will this castle tours rating be fixed?

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Good morning!
I was only able to rate 9 of 10 this morning, despite the chat window counter saying 10.

The castle that wasn't counted was castle 3, where I had interacted with the far left lever in a Botanical Gardens house.

All of the other houses were counted, including the Imperial Palace where I interacted with the Sky Shrine and a Dorm where I interacted with the Gift that Keeps on Giving.

Hope this is helpful,
Marcus

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Today I was able to get all 10! Woo hoo!

Okay, I think I found the problem and it should be fixed in a small hotfix in the next week or so.

The problem involves teleporting to the next house right after you rate a castle. As a work around until the hotfix, if you go to the badge section of your spellbook and check the Castle Tours badge before you go to the next house that should make sure that you get badge credit.

Arthur (Gary)

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Thank you Arthur!

FYI, though, the way I've been able to give such detailed feedback is that I check pretty much right after I rate any given castle, as you suggest. I'll wait to see if there is any change in behavior and keep documenting my experiences here.

Marcus