Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A warning on trading items and accepting gifts from other players

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the gifter or the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept it.

Reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards or accepting codes is something we cannot rectify, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade.

If it turns out a code is charged back or not legitimately paid for we will not be able to help you. Please note, chargebacks can result in a banned account of both purchaser and recipient until the matter is fully resolved.

This is especially important on third party platforms we have no control over, such as trading in Discord chat channels. Discord is not our software and we do not support trades made on it. If you do trade on these platforms, you do so at your own risk.

To be as safe as possible, only accept gifts from real life friends or family members through existing channels in the game.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
Sparck on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:
Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the gifter or the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept it.

Reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards or accepting codes is something we cannot rectify, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade.

If it turns out a code is charged back or not legitimately paid for we will not be able to help you. Please note, chargebacks can result in a banned account of both purchaser and recipient until the matter is fully resolved.

This is especially important on third party platforms we have no control over, such as trading in Discord chat channels. Discord is not our software and we do not support trades made on it. If you do trade on these platforms, you do so at your own risk.

To be as safe as possible, only accept gifts from real life friends or family members through existing channels in the game.
I am sorry I hate this post. Do you know how many people... Random people I have helped by giving them 100 monstrous cards in early wintertusk cause they struggling? So I give them Monstrous cards and it looks too good to be true don't take it?

I just feel this "warning" goes a bit to far... more like a scare tactic. I can not tell you how many times I have seen people offer hatch elixir... to good to be true? or just being nice.

There is very little to trade in this game and being worried about "its to good to be true" scenario.

As far as trading crown items by gifting then I totally understand that.. Buyers Be Ware. BBB But being worried about treasure cards? don't take candy from strangers?

If your so worried about this.. and you cared that much with kids then you would introduce a feature where parents can block gifting and all trades.

Sorry I just feel this warning goes to far.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Dd1011 on Apr 23, 2021 wrote:
I am sorry I hate this post. Do you know how many people... Random people I have helped by giving them 100 monstrous cards in early wintertusk cause they struggling? So I give them Monstrous cards and it looks too good to be true don't take it?

I just feel this "warning" goes a bit to far... more like a scare tactic. I can not tell you how many times I have seen people offer hatch elixir... to good to be true? or just being nice.

There is very little to trade in this game and being worried about "its to good to be true" scenario.

As far as trading crown items by gifting then I totally understand that.. Buyers Be Ware. BBB But being worried about treasure cards? don't take candy from strangers?

If your so worried about this.. and you cared that much with kids then you would introduce a feature where parents can block gifting and all trades.

Sorry I just feel this warning goes to far.
There is a way to block gifting but there isn't a way to block trades. The way to block gifting is in Parental Controls when you click My Accounts on the homepage.

But I agree with what you're saying. I try to be nice for nothing in return. I'm not using much gold atm and I'm near max so why not buy a bunch of tcs that someone may like? It would make their day.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
Sparck on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:

Start refunding crowns back then. Players that have to leave the game have no choice but to buy out their crowns.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
stevp on May 3, 2021 wrote:
There is a way to block gifting but there isn't a way to block trades. The way to block gifting is in Parental Controls when you click My Accounts on the homepage.

But I agree with what you're saying. I try to be nice for nothing in return. I'm not using much gold atm and I'm near max so why not buy a bunch of tcs that someone may like? It would make their day.
its just a horrible post in my opinion by Spaark. Concerning crowns? yes buyers beware but simple card trading and suggesting not to do it with anyone cause if its to good to be true it is? just dumb