Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Add more uses to a mount

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 13, 2016
So I was thinking to add more uses to a mount, I know they are mostly there for transportation reasons, but I just had this idea to add to new mounts and keep the old ones the same, basically when you have them equipped and go into battle they stay with you and give you buffs, I was thinking mostly accuracy because it just ind of made sense that mounts give you better accuracy but maybe there could be other cool things, maybe even a may-cast, idk. But I just thought this might be cool, its not like the best idea but like that why I put (Good) Idea not (Best) Idea but anyway, yeah, thats all I have to say.

Dream KettleWheeze Level 50

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
I am pretty sure I named this (Good) Idea, its totally fine if the moderators did this to make the post more on topic, but I was just wondering, or I did put "Add more uses to a mount", I am not sure but I think I didn't, but, I am totally fine with the title being different.

Administrator
Coyle IceBalanceSt... on Mar 23, 2021 wrote:
I am pretty sure I named this (Good) Idea, its totally fine if the moderators did this to make the post more on topic, but I was just wondering, or I did put "Add more uses to a mount", I am not sure but I think I didn't, but, I am totally fine with the title being different.
Hi Coyle! We did, as "a good idea" doesn't describe the post. We ask that forum posters please title their posts with a clear understanding of what's inside.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
So I was thinking to add more uses to a mount, I know they are mostly there for transportation reasons, but I just had this idea to add to new mounts and keep the old ones the same, basically when you have them equipped and go into battle they stay with you and give you buffs, I was thinking mostly accuracy because it just ind of made sense that mounts give you better accuracy but maybe there could be other cool things, maybe even a may-cast, idk. But I just thought this might be cool, its not like the best idea but like that why I put (Good) Idea not (Best) Idea but anyway, yeah, thats all I have to say.

the problem is, there's a glitch currently where stat mounts do NOT improve your stats in combat; at all. Like I have the Mammouth Mini mount, and it has NEVER yielded me any benefit whatsoever in combat when I have it equipped

Delver
Jun 10, 2012

since a few years now some mount give small stats bonus (50% speed; damage; accuracy; powerpip chance, piercing; ...)
most of them come from packs or bundles.

but the idea of maycast is not exploited yet and seems a"good idea"

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
actually, I would LOVE to be able to equip speed gear to them to increase the speed. So, right now, the regular mounts give +40%. What I would LOVE to be able to do is to equip mounts with the boots of the Comet (which give an extra 8% to speed) to the normal 40% mounts. Not everybody can afford to get the crown high speed mounts, and this would yield a slight boost. Perhaps add on +5% if +8% is too much. Even a 5% boost would be an improvement.