Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What are your favorite spell animations?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
For some time, my favorite has been the Storm spell Leviathan. I love the head peaking up from the water to check your location, and they swaying back and forth before the strike. Far from the most elaborate of the animations, but I find it to be very effective.

Second would be Deer Knight and its cousin Reindeer Knight. Creepy, those creatures striding out of the woods.

I must give strong honorable mentions to (1) any spells where snowmen are abused - that running joke really amuses me (inspired by Calvin and Hobbes cartoons, perhaps?), and (2) animations that start out looking like one spell, and then shift in an amusing way - the von Katzenstein monster grabbing the vampire bat after it leaves the coffin and using it to smack the target is one example.

-Indigo

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
There's also Catch of the Day where the Kraken throws a Storm Shark at the enemy.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Triton.

The first time I saw this spell was the first time I got to Celestia, and I'd never played a Storm before (well, not to that level anyway), and my initial reaction was "Uh oh, what's this?" (That was the reaction after I got hit with it too, LOL). But the spell animation is beautiful. With the water floating up the way it does. It's a really cool spell.

I also like Reindeer Knight. It just brings a smile to your face to see the trees decorated.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
The animation on Triton is nicely done, Halimeda.

Catch of the Day is fun, stevp. There is also the one where the Stormzilla overbalances and falls over.

-Indigo