Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Account essentially stolen, unknown master password.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2016
So I created this account about a few years back. I just now remembered that it was a thing, and wanted to get back into the whole gist of Wizard 101. However when I wanted to play with a friend I've had for a while. I gave them my password to this account for a family membership plan. But they ended up cutting me out and placing a masterpassword on my account and they wouldn't unlink their Paypal information and give me the masterpassword. I tried resetting it but it was sent to an email that wasn't mine. Is there another way to reset the masterpassword?

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
I had my account stolen from me for over a month, without me even being notified of any password/email changes and my consent to do it. Some how the individual whose email I now have saved after KI gave me my account back, figured out my Master Password and took the entire account from me. The individual proceeded to steal my hard earned crowns and treated my account as their own spending them on items and memberships, presumably under the idea I'd never get my account back.

If I had not been trying to play the game again, I would have never known of the security breach. I am hoping Kingsisle will be nice enough to recoup my losses this person issued me. I've had to spend the last 3 hours securing any sensitive account that was attached to the email that would have been compromised by this individual. Kingsisle, you really should have better security for situations like this. Most importantly, this could have been avoided if a verification email to change the master password was sent to my email. I can only hope they have no interest in pursuing other accounts that I may have due to them potentially knowing my login emails. This cannot happen again to anyone.

Administrator
Contact support right away: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Please note that we do not support allowing friends access to your account. Giving out passwords and access to accounts is one sure way to have an account compromised. Please do not do it! We are not responsible for what happens to an account that you give access to others.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Noble Wolf on May 2, 2021 wrote:
I had my account stolen from me for over a month, without me even being notified of any password/email changes and my consent to do it. Some how the individual whose email I now have saved after KI gave me my account back, figured out my Master Password and took the entire account from me. The individual proceeded to steal my hard earned crowns and treated my account as their own spending them on items and memberships, presumably under the idea I'd never get my account back.

If I had not been trying to play the game again, I would have never known of the security breach. I am hoping Kingsisle will be nice enough to recoup my losses this person issued me. I've had to spend the last 3 hours securing any sensitive account that was attached to the email that would have been compromised by this individual. Kingsisle, you really should have better security for situations like this. Most importantly, this could have been avoided if a verification email to change the master password was sent to my email. I can only hope they have no interest in pursuing other accounts that I may have due to them potentially knowing my login emails. This cannot happen again to anyone.
I can definitely relate to this, as several years back my password was guessed and my account accessed by someone (which I assume originated from here, as before Message Board Names you could see everyone's usernames). Although the security of your password is your own responsibility, there should be stronger authentication involved when changing them. 2FA would also be a great option for logging in. Please consider implementing these methods!