Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Update for May 5, 2021

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The Spring Update gets an update! See what's been improved this morning:
  • TeamUp kiosk now show requests properly
  • TeamUp Volunteers are no longer prompted to volunteer when in kiosk
  • Wheel now shows correctly for the Reinventing the Wheel quest
  • The Path of Khan and For Your Rights Empyrea encounters now reward the correct gold and experience for first time completion
  • Orthrus Spell card from Orthrus Choker Amulet is now correctly 7 pips instead of 4
  • A new hotkey was added for the Social Window - Ctrl+A
  • Fixed a badge credit issue when rating Castle Tour houses
  • Stat Limit UI - Character sheet now shows PvE and PvP damage and resist bonuses (mouseover the stat value)
  • Storm Beetle TC - Audited values and removed "No PvP" flag
  • Rusalka's Wrath - no longer has a chance to apply a weakness debuff; applies buff 1/3 times
  • Spell Audits - adjusted the values of some "pip manipulation" spells to account for most recent evaluation of pip manipulation costs
  • Critical Hits - adjusted mob stats for Crit/Block system integration
  • PvP Matchmaking - Matchmaking should no longer allow "option prompts" for any bad matches and will only attempt "good matches"; queue wait times will likely increase

Survivor
Dec 19, 2011
With regards to the stat limit: In my game I don't see the values after the limit function when I mouse over. Instead, the value after passing through the limit function is displayed where the damage stat used to be.

If it matters, I'm on a mac.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2014
I finally finished crafting 3 pieces of Dragoon gear and when I equipped them all, my damage went down from 175 to 169 instead of going up by the 5% set bonus. Is this a bug?

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
I just want to say that I appreciate the change back on critical but really the new crit and damage systems have really felt like a kick in the sensitive region for many of us PvE players. I get that the damage system is a little much, but many of the enemies in the game have had such little health since Polaris, I mainly play pve and the reason i pour my time and money into this game is because i love improving my characters. i have a life tank/healer and a fire attacker. with these new updates my fire has lost much of what made this game what it was on him. I understand that pvp was an issue, but im sure you could make pve only gear somehow, as well as changes in respects to both. pve was only ever too easy because of the enemies. give that random boss in a tower 5k health and of course he'll be run through. bump that up to 20k+ and now my damage is no longer OP just a huge help. In khrysalis i remember fighting bosses all the time with decent health, but somehow in newer worlds the bosses all feel (outside of the final fight of each world) like minions besides their cheats. all im saying is that nerfing my pve character didnt make the game more challenging, just gave me less reason to farm bosses and open packs for that extra one damage or crit. the old system made me strive to be better, now i feel i just have to keep up with the current limit. please consider these words, and maybe instead of nurfing us, buff the enemies, its really the same thing but less insulting.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2014
Mil46 on May 5, 2021 wrote:
With regards to the stat limit: In my game I don't see the values after the limit function when I mouse over. Instead, the value after passing through the limit function is displayed where the damage stat used to be.

If it matters, I'm on a mac.
Try hovering over the actual number itself, not the school symbol. For some reason the school symbol icon won’t show the PvP and PvE dmg/res when hovering over it, while hovering over the number itself will.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the number that displays on your stat screen is your effective dmg/res. It’s not what your gear adds up to, your stat screen displays your dmg/res after it is put through the PvE equation.

For example, my Balance has 166 damage points. However, looking at the stat screen page it says 161. This is because 166 through the equation results in 161, so that is what shows.

Hope this helps, good luck in your wizardly adventures!

Survivor
Mar 21, 2018
Dear wizard 101,
I've been a player since I was 10 years old. I'm now 21. So I've been a member for years.

I've been playing the new updated game. And overall the update is completely horrible People, including myself, work hard to make our critical chances high as well as damage. Now, storm wizards are being killed in two hits. Bosses have too strong of a critical chance and we have too little. The game is incredibly hard and frustrating and I know for a fact I' m not the only one who feels this way. Please check and listen to those on social media. You guys are no longer making this an enjoyable experience and we don't want to be playing such a high price for something we do not even enjoy.
That being said, the mass AOEs DO save a lot of time during battles and the animation is cool. But changing stats, making bosses harder, reducing spells and blades are not okay and do not give us a chance especially in later worlds. Thanks for your time and I hope that you'll be able to see this concern from the majority of your users.

Alina

Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
Any update that leaves players' characters in a weakened state is never a good update. Now I have a good reason for leaving this game.

Survivor
May 05, 2013
I still can't even get into my game because my Mac suddenly stopped loading the launcher. But these sound great!

Survivor
Jul 13, 2019
I, for one, am not happy about the stat limits. What is the point of buying blades for your school as treasure cards for 1000 gold each time, if they are the same percentage as your trained blades?

This, now, makes no sense and is pointless. Sure, we have an extra blade, but I was loving the fact that my TC blade was 45% over my normal 35% trained. Death school is now a joke for damage and so is storm. I have 5 wizards, Death (max), Storm (max), Ice, Fire and now Myth, and I'm not really sure if I want to continue the game with the non-maxed ones if I can't do damage.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2010
I am sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this in. However this seemed on topic to me.

SYSTEM: Windows10 Home

Device name HP Laptop 14
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.65 GB usable)
Device ID X
Product ID X
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Unable to connect Login Server is the message I get from 5/13/2021. The game Was working yesterday! Now I have uninstalled, reinstalled from website, checked Firewall settings for public and private networks in / and / outgoing with correct ports have updated all 3 .exe files in firewall under C:\ProgramData\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\PatchClient\BankA
Still no joy! Client loads, user name and password entered, client tries to log into update server then I get "can't log in try these options" screen. When reading WizardLauncher.log.txt I see the first line is: 05/13/21 04:57:17 [WARN] CORE_PATCH_CLNT PatchClientConfig.cpp 0154 Unable to read optional parameter PatchClientDataDir from the config file. The last line reads: 05/13/21 05:02:17 [STAT] CORE_PATCH_CLNT PatchClientLogin.cpp 0573 Unable to connect Login Server.

You really must not want paying members or don't care if you lose a few here and there, when I a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) (NCSE) (.NET) Can't figure it out. Imagine the members who are not System Engineers are having a worse time figuring it out?

Your going to tell me the patch servers are over taxed and the problem will solve it's self eventually.
Even your [patch server status page] https://www.wizard101.com/patchClient/test Says the servers are online.

I may have overlooked something simple or perhaps I am idiotic and should reconsider my carrier path as a systems engineer and would gladly accept options to rectify this problem with my hat in my hands.

Meanwhile I am considering deleting my family accounts and master because of reasons, including those stated in other posts on this topic, with my self believing the new update being horrible at least in my humble opinion. imho. I hope you listen to your paying clients grievances and revert at least parts of the new patch giving us a bad rash and upgrade your patch servers soon. Might I suggest patch and main servers be redirected to paying clients only servers?

I love this game and have played nearly 10 years. I stopped playing almost a year and only recently restarted when pandemic put us all in lockdown I have not noted any real problems until today. If you want my entire WizardLauncher.log.txt Please let me know where to sent it.

Thank you for you're Valuable time in this matter I am looking forward to your reply.

Administrator
MinaLisa on May 13, 2021 wrote:
I am sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this in. However this seemed on topic to me.

SYSTEM: Windows10 Home

Device name HP Laptop 14
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.65 GB usable)
Device ID X
Product ID X
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Unable to connect Login Server is the message I get from 5/13/2021. The game Was working yesterday! Now I have uninstalled, reinstalled from website, checked Firewall settings for public and private networks in / and / outgoing with correct ports have updated all 3 .exe files in firewall under C:\ProgramData\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\PatchClient\BankA
Still no joy! Client loads, user name and password entered, client tries to log into update server then I get "can't log in try these options" screen. When reading WizardLauncher.log.txt I see the first line is: 05/13/21 04:57:17 [WARN] CORE_PATCH_CLNT PatchClientConfig.cpp 0154 Unable to read optional parameter PatchClientDataDir from the config file. The last line reads: 05/13/21 05:02:17 [STAT] CORE_PATCH_CLNT PatchClientLogin.cpp 0573 Unable to connect Login Server.

You really must not want paying members or don't care if you lose a few here and there, when I a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) (NCSE) (.NET) Can't figure it out. Imagine the members who are not System Engineers are having a worse time figuring it out?

Your going to tell me the patch servers are over taxed and the problem will solve it's self eventually.
Even your [patch server status page] https://www.wizard101.com/patchClient/test Says the servers are online.

I may have overlooked something simple or perhaps I am idiotic and should reconsider my carrier path as a systems engineer and would gladly accept options to rectify this problem with my hat in my hands.

Meanwhile I am considering deleting my family accounts and master because of reasons, including those stated in other posts on this topic, with my self believing the new update being horrible at least in my humble opinion. imho. I hope you listen to your paying clients grievances and revert at least parts of the new patch giving us a bad rash and upgrade your patch servers soon. Might I suggest patch and main servers be redirected to paying clients only servers?

I love this game and have played nearly 10 years. I stopped playing almost a year and only recently restarted when pandemic put us all in lockdown I have not noted any real problems until today. If you want my entire WizardLauncher.log.txt Please let me know where to sent it.

Thank you for you're Valuable time in this matter I am looking forward to your reply.
Hi MinaLisa!

Thank you for reaching out about your concern. For all technical or account related issues, please contact our support team and they will be happy to assist: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Most likely this is a temporary regional outage in your area and the login will be back. Please let us know if it's not!

Survivor
Apr 26, 2012
Okay...
I am a casual player, I have been for almost 10 years now. I absolutely loved this game until this last update which had me wondering, "what happened to the old developers?" Don't get me wrong, there are some amazing new things that show me this game is still alive! The AOE spells are refreshing. The new Beastmoon hunt is incredibly fun and puts a new spin on the game. However... as soon as I went back to PvE I had to check the updates again because I was much less powerful. I play as a Necromancer, and to see both the Vampire debuffed AND Sacrifice changed into Moon damage was disheartening. The death school is known for being able to do damage AND heal and without being able to block the damage from sacrifice, that spell is now useless. At it's base it takes 3 pips to net heal 450, and for some reason when I cast it does 300 damage meaning I only gain 400. Why wouldn't I just use Pixie?

Everyone is so much weaker now especially in PvE. I saw a comment where someone said, "It's dangerous to campaign alone"... makes sense. KI nerfed us all and made it easier to quest with random people, trying to get us to play with each other (Which is a very smart business decision but I won't get into that). But what they have done is screwed over us who just want to relax, play by ourselves, and continue to get better. I don't want to NEED other people with me when I want to farm bosses.

I don't play PvP often, and many of the updates we are upset about were directed at PvP. If there is anything I have learned from reading the comments - It's that there are 2 entirely different world with entirely different needs in the game of Wizard101: There is the PvP arena where balance is crucial. Then there is the PvE world where the players should be EMPOWERED. We are playing a magical, spellcasting game, not some survival game. We want to feel POWERFUL when we hunt minions and wandering monsters. bosses are meant to be challenging, but when I hear players saying they are losing to minions in PvE, I know the devs have messed up. In trying to balance the PvP aspect of the game they have destroyed the PvE aspect.

I hope the Dev's see this and undo the damage / resist limit, and they reconsider many of the spell modifications they have made.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2019
Critical system is still bad, can't even solo through Celestia without getting killed by bosses because they critical every single hit. This needs to change.