Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Increasing Casting Wands Variety

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Hi there! As the title the states I think it be really cool to see some more/new different variety of casting wands.
For example, we already have wand types such as regular staves, swords, swords and shields, shuriken's, daggers, knives etc. But, when it comes down to dual wielding gloves type wands, they are very limited. So far we only have the hands of fate, which looks pretty ok in their own uniqueness. Id love to see actual boxing gloves added, Kitten paw gloves/puppy paw, dual daggers(assassin), Bubble water gunz(being its a kids game) and tri-claw type wands like the ones used by the mongoose in istanboa. I feel like the casting animation for them should also be unique as well. Let me know what you guys think

Explorer
Mar 25, 2021
this reminds me of a long time "why cant we do that" ive had with one particular boss in dragonspyre, steelweilder, he uses the same model as the male player character, he has a sword that you can loot and use, but he has a unique animation on his one hand sword we never got on any wand type, where he flips the sword around in his hand like a skilled warrior.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2011
sounds like a great idea! honestly surprised they haven't implemented more of these already

Community Leader
I believe many moons ago, KI had asked about this very subject. Different wand types we'd like added to the game and such.

Your examples are great to note. I think we could go a step further with even suggesting more variants on what we've already got in addition to new variants.

There's only a couple fist-type wands in the game, and those are largely inaccessible to the general audience (Deckathlon), so seeing some dual hand glove wands would be great and shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

The double daggers/blades has been requested, as far as I saw, and it's a surprise they haven't put those in the game, really. And the claw-type weapon could be cool, and would be a great stitch, yes.

I'd like to see more thrown wands like the Shuriken. Sword and Shield variants as well. I'd also probably request more blunt type objects. Some of the prettiest weapons in my opinion are the hammers, but they are very tiny and cast similarly to other wands.

The only one I can't really see at all is the bubble water gun, for obvious reason. It might be pushing it a little, based on what they are wanting to depict in game. Good suggestions otherwise. There's a lot they can do with it.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I would love to see a variation of "dual wielding" options. Like, you put on the wand (singular) but the display shows one in each hand. So like, dual wielding samurai swords, daggers, etc etc. They could be positioned both forward, or maybe one forward and one backward. Maybe some of them could be spun like medusa does when they cast, etc etc. I also wish we could choose which visual we wanted without stitching, but alas, that's a pipe dream.

Explorer
Mar 25, 2021
i recently summoned the brandon minion and noticed that his sword is a unique casting animation where he swipes at the air 3 times before casting, would love to see that animation applied to the old one hand sword weapons which currently, use the default wand casting animations

Explorer
Mar 25, 2021
Roseylee1998 on May 10, 2021 wrote:
i recently summoned the brandon minion and noticed that his sword is a unique casting animation where he swipes at the air 3 times before casting, would love to see that animation applied to the old one hand sword weapons which currently, use the default wand casting animations
after further examination this is the same sword animation the boss i mentioned in a earlier reply does. which further pushes my question of why cant we do that.