Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

After Membership, what happens?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2016
I was gifted a few days ago a month membership by a friend. Yay! I'm wondering two things:

1. As a member you get 50 extra friend slots. When the membership runs out, I am assuming your friend slots are back to 100 instead of 150. How does it decide who to eliminate as your friend- by date you added them, alphabetical order? Or do I get to keep them?

2. What happens to the worlds that I gained access to, like Grizzleheim and Krokotopia, and areas in Wizard City like Collosus Boulevard? After membership runs out, would I lose them or would I still be able to enter the worlds I already played in?

Thanks!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
All the benefits you gain once you are a member will be suspended.

In terms of your friend list, I don't believe the recently added friends would be deleted [not sure about this], but you will not be able to add any new friends to your list.

Your bagpack will revert to 100 items and you will keep getting pop ups indicating your bagpack is full if you happen to exceed that amount [say 120/100] items once the membership expires since you had 150 backpack space.
Items hence will go to your bank if it is not full.

Your energy bar will now take much longer to refill as opposed to before where it would have taken half the time.

You will loose all access to membership areas [but not your progress].

You also will no longer be able to post here on the Forums, but you can still visit and read posts.

Hope this helps!

Good Luck!

Survivor
Aug 01, 2012
Hi Julia,

I hope you enjoy your one month membership. Things to understand is that when you get membership you get an additional 50 extra friend slots from 100 to 150 total friends slots and when your membership runs out you are back to 100 total friends slots which is perfectly what you said. However, Wizard101 does not determine who gets removed from your friends list thus will not remove anyone from your friends list. You will simply just have more friends than the cap without membership(100 friends). So for example, if you have membership and finish your membership having 140 friends total out of 150 friends, without membership you will have 140/100 friends.

To answer your second question, when your membership runs out you will no longer have access to any world pass Wizard city including fire cat alley and more. The only time you can enter, will be with another membership or paying with crowns which you can unlock forever.

Hope that explains everything.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
Julia FrostHeart on Nov 17, 2020 wrote:
I was gifted a few days ago a month membership by a friend. Yay! I'm wondering two things:

1. As a member you get 50 extra friend slots. When the membership runs out, I am assuming your friend slots are back to 100 instead of 150. How does it decide who to eliminate as your friend- by date you added them, alphabetical order? Or do I get to keep them?

2. What happens to the worlds that I gained access to, like Grizzleheim and Krokotopia, and areas in Wizard City like Collosus Boulevard? After membership runs out, would I lose them or would I still be able to enter the worlds I already played in?

Thanks!
You have access to all the areas. once the membership runs out, you loose access, but you can always purchase again