Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Music Scroll Vault?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
There are so many wonderful music tracks from across the spiral now available to us as music scrolls! But I have found that collecting multiples of my favorites and rarer ones have ended up filling my characters banks and storage houses with so many scrolls all over that are also hard to identify.

It's like being able to place music scrolls down as an item, but I feel there could be some improvements to how we could display a collection of them, as well as store them. I'm an avid decorator and often like to use music scrolls from Pirate101 in my homes as they both sound great, and are harder to find. With any rarer scroll, when I see them in the bazaar I usually stock up on them when I can and store them in a house to use later on. I end up having two or three of the same theme's for several worlds stockpiled somewhere.

One idea I have to solve this is to create a Music Scroll Case of some sort. Visually it could look like a standing shelf to hold scrolls. It would store music scrolls inside like the seed/gear vault, and automatically separate the scrolls in different tabs by world. It's difficult to tell which music scroll is which from each other when they are placed down as they all roughly look the same and you have to click on each one to see the name.

Another option to solve this issue I think could be to make music scrolls have unlimited uses as long as you have one scroll. For example, if you have a Krokotopia Main Theme scroll, you own that theme and it's now linked to a library of music options you can choose from to add to any music player in your houses. You wouldn't need to have multiple copies anymore as long as you own at least one of that particular scroll.

Thank you for considering some of my suggestions and for all of the wonderful quality of life improvements you guys continue to make!

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
buy a music player and put them inside you can stock one of each music of the game per player

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
I really like the second option. Being able to collect music would be so cool. They could even add some badges for it.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
Stormwind 8108 on Mar 26, 2021 wrote:
buy a music player and put them inside you can stock one of each music of the game per player
True, it does help solve one problem of having so many of them. I still think it would be nice to have a bit more organization of them and have the music scroll system be more user friendly.

Something else I forgot to mention was it would be awesome if we had more control of the music like choosing which order multiple songs play in. A way to set a theme to only play for a certain number of seconds would be cool too, but I can understand that more complex audio trimming tools like that to be added would be a lot more work.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Hello Valkoor,

Just wanted to mention that there is a play music scroll castle magic card so that is another way to access music. I haven't experimented with this but maybe using that with timers could allow creation of a playlist.

It would be cool if we could define playlists from among the scrolls in a player and select the order as Valkoor mentioned. That would also free up the rest of the player to store scrolls that aren't being used. And make it more versatile to change--maybe you have normal music but like to add in some holiday music at times without running around moving music scrolls here and there.