Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unlink "Family" Accounts?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2017
I recovered a bunch of old accounts recently, linked them, transferred over whatever crowns were transferable, did a one time courtesy character transfer so I could bring over things like my Swift Shadow Wings and Life Mastery Amulet. Oddly enough, I couldn't find my Hive Bundle or Olympian Bundle gear, mounts or houses; did I sell them?

It's outstanding that there's an option to transfer crowns from your old accounts to your new one, most MMORPGs don't let you do that, which is awful because like- duh, I paid for them, they're mine.

Not thrilled that transferring over purchases can only be done once in the form of one character transfer per lifetime per source and destination account- but again, that's more than what most MMORPGs allow.

I'd definitely encourage relaxing "once per lifetime" to "once per year" or something.

Anyway, I'd rather not have old abandoned accounts sticking to my current active account like vestigial organs. Where's the "remove account" button? If there isn't one, why is there no remove account button?

Add a remove account button. You really ought to.

Sincerely, Visionary Necromancer Chris!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Necromancer Chris on Nov 16, 2020 wrote:
I recovered a bunch of old accounts recently, linked them, transferred over whatever crowns were transferable, did a one time courtesy character transfer so I could bring over things like my Swift Shadow Wings and Life Mastery Amulet. Oddly enough, I couldn't find my Hive Bundle or Olympian Bundle gear, mounts or houses; did I sell them?

It's outstanding that there's an option to transfer crowns from your old accounts to your new one, most MMORPGs don't let you do that, which is awful because like- duh, I paid for them, they're mine.

Not thrilled that transferring over purchases can only be done once in the form of one character transfer per lifetime per source and destination account- but again, that's more than what most MMORPGs allow.

I'd definitely encourage relaxing "once per lifetime" to "once per year" or something.

Anyway, I'd rather not have old abandoned accounts sticking to my current active account like vestigial organs. Where's the "remove account" button? If there isn't one, why is there no remove account button?

Add a remove account button. You really ought to.

Sincerely, Visionary Necromancer Chris!
There is no way to remove old accounts or kids accounts once they have been linked. KI has always stated that will not be an option.

About the only thing you can do is go into the accounts section and "END" each one you do not plan to use. Then go to parental controls and turn off "Gifting and Earn Crowns". Without the Master Password, it would be impossible for those to be used unless you turned them back on and subbed the accounts again.

I currently have 3 accounts but only 2 are linked. My grandson also has an account but I refuse to link it to mine since he may want to control it in the future.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
It's a security issue for why KI cannot unlink a family of accounts (all the payment info is shared).

Yes, other MMORPGs will let you transfer characters/items among different accounts, but rarely to other MMORPGs allow you to "link" accounts together with one master password to rule them all (and that is the ultimate issue with KI's system).