Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Ponce de Gibbon the funniest NPC in the game?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
The leader of the Monquistans. El Capitan has so much unashamed greed and ludicrously obvious guile, a huge ego in a tiny ridiculous body. The plume on his helmet is nearly as big as he is, and he holds his halberd like he's never seen one before. You visit him again and again in mainline and he also has a couple of side quests to offer; his goofy obvious lies and silly bragging almost always makes me chuckle.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
DanTheTerrible on Dec 15, 2020 wrote:
The leader of the Monquistans. El Capitan has so much unashamed greed and ludicrously obvious guile, a huge ego in a tiny ridiculous body. The plume on his helmet is nearly as big as he is, and he holds his halberd like he's never seen one before. You visit him again and again in mainline and he also has a couple of side quests to offer; his goofy obvious lies and silly bragging almost always makes me chuckle.
Yes, the Monquistans are a ridiculous species. BUT we pirates meet a funnier and conceited monkey - Count Brastillo De Brass, the Brass Monkey.
Quotes:
"You cheat, you liar, you fiend! I curse your name! I will have my vengance!"

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I love Ponce, he is hysterical Dan! I love whoever did his voice and he is so tiny, how does his big ego fit in that little body? Having played Pirate I have also met those Monquistans and they are very funny also.