Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Couple Monstrology Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2014
I enjoy monstrology a lot for recreational purposes. It's a very interesting idea with a lot of potential, however I feel like there could be more features implimented with it.

Outside of a gameplay standpoint, it could be an interesting cosmetic choice if you were able to create transformation elixirs out of monstrology. Maybe not from bosses, but being able to transform from various mob enemies would be kind of cool.

Another suggestion, a creature addition could be elementals, as there are a lot of enemies classified as "elemental", and they have cool designs. They could be interesting house guests or certain bosses may be cool as minions.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2017
To add onto your suggestions, here are some animus extracting spells i would personally like to see:
  • Bugs/insects: bees, hornets, mantises, beetles, moths, ants, scorpions, millipedes... there's a lot of them! Either grouped under a single ''extract bug'' spell, or seperate (although it'd probably be seperate, since there's already one for spiders).
  • Frogs! There's only 9 of them, but we do have a spell for imps, and there are 6 of those...

(Emphasis on the bugs. There's a lot of potential there!)

Community Leader
Some more monstrology suggestions that I am hoping to see myself:

*Extract Wolf
*Extract Fish
*Extract Shadow
*Extract Raven

There are tons of different wolf-like mobs in Grizzleheim with all different kinds of designs, not to mention a few in Polaris (such as Omen) that would really look cool for housing guests!

An extract fish card could be used to extract underwater creatures, such as eels and crab mobs in Celestia and the riverclaw guards in Crab Alley.

Extract shadow targets and shadow mobs, such as the Shadow Sentinels, Shadow Seraphs and Shadow Shrikes in Empyrea.

Finally, extract raven to collect the various versions of ravens in Grizzleheim/Wintertusk.

Monstrology is a cool aspect of the game and I love to see it expanded!

-WT93

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!
Survivor
Mar 08, 2020
Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
I second all this, and raise Extract Krok. I'd like to have more kroks wandering around my Krokotopian homes instead of just manders.

I'd also raise the wandering enemies of Marleybone and Mooshu (So, cats, rats, cows, and goats)

A more broad one I'd love is "Extract Fae." This would mostly apply to elves and sprite/faerie/pixie type enemies, rare as they are

Finally, more a balancing change, but I wish they'd listen and reduce the price of "one world wonder" Animus. Imp, Mander, and Golem, for example, are just too narrow, and see little to no use after the worlds that spotlight that particular category.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2012
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 8, 2021 wrote:
I second all this, and raise Extract Krok. I'd like to have more kroks wandering around my Krokotopian homes instead of just manders.

I'd also raise the wandering enemies of Marleybone and Mooshu (So, cats, rats, cows, and goats)

A more broad one I'd love is "Extract Fae." This would mostly apply to elves and sprite/faerie/pixie type enemies, rare as they are

Finally, more a balancing change, but I wish they'd listen and reduce the price of "one world wonder" Animus. Imp, Mander, and Golem, for example, are just too narrow, and see little to no use after the worlds that spotlight that particular category.
I don't know much about monstrology don't care to put more in my house, but if you can extract monster's can you mix them to make them do more damage in their spells or can't you use them in battle?