Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold Farming help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 22, 2018
Is there any way to farm gold with a taxi?

I'm pretty new and want a mount + hatch a good pet but I need gold for that.

I've heard that there is a gold farm method in wintertusk

Can somebody bring me there or give me tips to get gold quickly as a lv. 26 player? :)

Thanks

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
As a level 26 player you will not be able to get to Wintertusk but once you are there you can farm Halfang the boss in Vestrilund. He drops amulets and rings that sell for a lot of gold.

As a level 26 wizard your best bet is to garden or fish a lot. You can spend your free energy gardening for snacks and treasure cards which you can sell for gold. As long as you are not focused on pet training, earning gold is fairly easy to do by feeding your pet gear and drops you don't need or quick selling.

Another great way to earn gold is to fish. Spend your energy fishing each day and you will earn more then enough gold after selling what you have caught. The higher ranked fish sell for more and if you can go to the fishing trainer in Wizard City he will tell you which fish is the Catch of the Day. This fish changes every day and if you catch that type of fish and sell it that day it will sell for double the gold. Catch as many as you can per day. Even if you catch nothing but mainstream dekoi and icecuda, they will still net you gold, you just have to catch a higher quantity. It's free to fish and it is a lot of fun.

Best of luck!

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Hi Daniel!

Halfang is a boss in Wintertusk which can offer solid gold, it's true! However, as I am proving with my fire wizard right now, you don't need to farm any specific place to earn gold. Farming in general is a great way to get gold. Find whatever boss you have available and start farming. Selling items to the bazaar, even items in wizard city, can make a LOT of gold if you have the patience.

If you do the interactibles through housing tours, you can rarely get a key limes seed to drop and that will eventually expand to a large garden. These can drop the shocked key reagent, which sells to the bazaar for just over 1000 gold most of the time. Just don't sell too many at once!

Last thing I recommend for getting gold is fishing through housing tours. I personally use an Aero Village and fish for Aero Dwarf Doodle fish with the storm lure purchased from Lucky Hookline. You can sell him the fish and make some serious bank!

If you don't have the patience for these (admittedly slower) methods of farming gold, I recommend continuing to quest through the game. Finishing dragonspyre, and then grizzleheim and wintertusk can earn some pretty solid gold as well as unlock halfang for you to farm.

Hope this helps!

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Daniel300999 on Mar 18, 2021 wrote:
Is there any way to farm gold with a taxi?

I'm pretty new and want a mount + hatch a good pet but I need gold for that.

I've heard that there is a gold farm method in wintertusk

Can somebody bring me there or give me tips to get gold quickly as a lv. 26 player? :)

Thanks
Any items that are in EVERY way worse then some other ones you have, sell them. Then it gets harder because you have to decide do I want damage and health over accuracy and resistance, or whether I want all of this over crit, or do I want a healing boost and then sell things you dont want, farming is ussually done on something easy, but it still has to be a boss, you probably should have Krok by now so find a decently, sorta easy boss and kill him about 15 times and you will get a decent amount of gold, and useless(or not) items that you can sell(if you want) and you got yourself a good amount of gold, or by mounts with crowns if you have any left, so yeah theses are my suggestions hopefully they are helpful if not, ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, idk.