Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Item drop multiplier

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2011
So I have been farming the spiral cup gauntlet for energy gear and I am about 100-150 runs in and have only received the boots. This can be frustrating because say, for example, the drop rate is 2%. That means I could potentially be farming forever and NEVER get the drop due to it all being up to numbers and I can get very unlucky. A solution to this would be a drop chance multiplier. Maybe not for all items but for specific items I think drop chance should be multiplied by a set amount after a set amount of runs.

As an example of this system lets use Darkmoor gear. Say the drop rate is 2%. After you fight undying Malistaire 50 times and have not gotthe item the drop rate could multiply by 3 increasing the drop rate to 6%. And then when you fight him 80 times multiply it by 5 so drop rate becomes 30%. Maybe not these specific numbers or maybe have the gear drop rate increase exponentially but you get the idea.

I think this is necessary because if drop rates are purely chance then there is a chance I will never receive the item and it is not fair that I can farm a boss 200 times and not get the drop and the chance of the drop doesn't increase while my friend can fight the boss once and get the drop then never need to farm again.

I believe this system would be very beneficial for the game, I hope you consider