Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadow Trickster

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2020
Hello everyone I'm a level 125 Ice wizard I'm on the Shadow Tricks spell where you have to Defeat the Shadow Trickster boss I'm on my second day of trying to defeat him but seem to die with every tactic I try I've packed all the towers I can and I set up for my hits but he usually hits me with leviathan or bugs taking my blades and usually nearly killing me or successfully doing so. Any tips or tricks that I could use to beat this boss? Thank you so much for the help

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What I've done is used Monstrology Monsters to help.

Community Leader
Sounds rough but I know you can do it!

What gear are you using? Perhaps use Weakness / Bad Juju on him to try and minimize the damage even more. Don't forget about TC! If you are using a regular Tower Shield, try using a treasure card one too.

I think you should use Weaver as hits. This will attack and shield you at the same time.

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It's been a long while since I fought him, but since you're up against Storm spells, defend against them in particular. Pack your storm/fire shields in addition to tower shields. They will give you more protection.

For the blade stealing, you have two options. First, if you're high enough level, go to the Astral school trainer and train for the Aegis spell. It's an enchantment that will protect your blade from one after-effect like Bugs or Leviathan (when they rip down your blades). Second, which is what I did, switch your damage stacking strategy to traps and bubbles. Get treasure card versions to stack with your regular trained traps. Use feints also, but put them on just before you're planning to hit and make sure you have a storm shield up just in case.

The advice to use Weaver is excellent. And also the advice to use monstrology minions.

And finally, if none of that is working out, you could try henchmen. The level 50 life (dragon) or level 70 life (gorilla) only cost 50 or 70 crowns respectively. Either one will heal you, which might give you a little more time to set up a hit. You can earn enough crowns to buy a single henchmen by doing daily assignments for a couple of weeks.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
I fought him the other day (well, more like last week) and I just sat around and trapped him until I could drop a max absorb. Then bladed until I was ready to use a big hit. I think I used Penguins, but Weaver is a solid choice, too.