Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

am I too low for celestia?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2014
so I'm a level 47 myth who somehow got to Celestia after defeating malistaire, but am I too low? because a lot of people have said that I needed to be level 48 and defeat malistaire to even be in Celestia. so should I just do wintertusk before?

Community Leader
I personally think you are in the right spot for Celestia. Celestia will be a little bit of an increase in difficulty compared to Dragonspyre, but the world is generally unlocked around level 48-50ish, so you're not really behind in sense.

I personally wait a little while to do Wintertusk because of how much of a challenge Wintertusk can pose, but I have seen many do WIntertusk before Celestia and around the middle of Celestia (around Stormriven).

I would say the choice to do Wintertusk is completely up to you! Wintertusk can offer some more XP to level up more for a smoother questing experience in Celestia, just note that Wintertusk tends to be more difficult than Celestia at times. Or perhaps both back and forwards?

I believe you are in the right place for Celestia, and the choice is up to you! :)

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The difficulty level in Celestia was again adjusted in the recent Summer Update. So, things shouldn't be as bad, but don't expect it to be anywhere nearing Dragonspyre really.

You will be introduced to brand new mechanics such as Critical, Block and Astral School Magic. Those add a lot of dynamic to your typical battles.

Prior, the minimum requirements for gaining access to Celestia was level 48, but this was adjusted some years back to I believe level 44. This is why you now have access.

Wintertusk is harder than Celestia, but the rewards are exponentially greater. I usually do this world first before Celestia.

I also recommend accessing the crafting gear in Sudrilund, Wintertusk (requires grandmaster level crafting from Celestia) to buy as the gear here is very good.

Though in your case, I recommend beginning Celestia and gaining a few levels before heading into Wintertusk.

As a myth, you should be fine within the first aspects of the world. Just stick to using your blades and hummongofrog (enchant it first by visiting the school).

Good Luck!

Defender
May 11, 2013
laura rainbowflowe... on Jul 12, 2020 wrote:
so I'm a level 47 myth who somehow got to Celestia after defeating malistaire, but am I too low? because a lot of people have said that I needed to be level 48 and defeat malistaire to even be in Celestia. so should I just do wintertusk before?
Nope, "too low" is level 43 since you can't get the quest until level 44 :). I know, I just ran a set of characters through the first arc and ended at 43 and a half, was not able to go to Celestia until 44. Also the release notes from Celestia stat it is for level 44 and up wizards. So to put it simply if you are there you are not too low.