Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grisletusk is excessively difficult

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2016
I was very excited to hear that Forest Lord was replacing Rebirth as the level 48 spell(and got a very nice damage buff too :) ) but as I hit level 48 and got the quest to defeat grisletusk.

This boss is a massive step up from grizzleheim and wintertusk bosses I was fighting minutes before. 5800 health and a storm minion with less than 1k, both rank 10

Out of curiosity I looked around old threads and found that the only change to the boss was the 20% health reduction applied globally when the questline was moved from 58 to 48. Even at level 58 the boss was considered to be rather tough from what I can gather.

Whether or not that was the only change intended for the boss I don't know, but in the meantime, any tips on how to make this fight go smoother? I trap and hit the storm minion on turn two but at that point i'm usually at half health. Spirit blading, sharpened and regular life blading, feinting, and using life trap doesnt quite finish the fight it seems :/

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My first advice is to be sure and heal yourself fully right after you kill the minion. Also pack a shield or two to help out as you're blading, and put the feint on last. Keep a couple of small heals in your side deck in case you need them.

It's sad to hear that Life wizards now have to complete a level 58 quest in order to get their level 48 spell. That's pretty messed up if you ask me. Hopefully KI will adjust the quests for Rebirth and Forest Lord to reflect the new levels.

Hope you can make it!

Alia Misthaven