Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fishing help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2020
5 days now fishing. i have gone through 57 points x7 and still have not caught a fish.

Problem, the lighting on the bubble throws off to much glare to see when the bubble is below the water. Beside that, fishing is suppose to be relaxing, especially in a game.

Second problem, people running through the ponds scaring off fish. People are really rude when it comes this.

anyone have suggestions on how to see the bubble better?

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
best advice i can give is don't go be the sight of the bubble go by the sound it makes and as for people running though the pond they are only scaring there fish away and not yours

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
I've actually learned that it's easier to listen to the sounds of fishing than it it to watch the bubble. It makes a much louder nudging noise followed by the pop when it takes the lure.

A couple of other little things I've noticed, as a somewhat new player who is really into fishing in games: If a fish goes for the lure but you never actually click to invoke it, you will lose the fish, but not any points. This can be helpful if you don't want to waste energy and are trying to catch specific fish. Best example, I farm Aero Village for Blackberry Jellyfish, they, as well as Strawberry Jellyfish, spawn in the back pond there.. I use an Ice 2 lure there and I've noticed that a Blackberry Jelly never "hits" the line more than twice. So if I want to clear the pond and nab a few other fish along the way but not waste all of my energy, anything that hits more than twice I can simply let go. I do end up with quite a few Aerodoodle Fish as well, but they sell decently enough.

Another thing that I've noticed in that particular pond is, if you Winnow Ice, you often come up with about 4-5 fish total left and maybe 2 are Blkb Jellies, but when I get all determined and just fish the entire back pond with an Ice 2 lure, I've caught many more Ice School Fish and sometimes as many as 5 of those in one clearing. I'm not sure if, when you begin fishing, all of the fish that are present are already assigned or if they randomly generate when you catch them. Winnowing DOES help with some hard to catch fish, but overall, I wonder if it doesn't limit things in other ways.

Perhaps someone else knows more?

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
I forgot another thing, if you click on Invoke and the fish hasn't taken the bait, as long as you don't lift your finger off of the mouse, you can slide it off to the side and let up there without triggering the Invoke so you can still attempt to catch the fish.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Mesougly on Jul 29, 2020 wrote:
5 days now fishing. i have gone through 57 points x7 and still have not caught a fish.

Problem, the lighting on the bubble throws off to much glare to see when the bubble is below the water. Beside that, fishing is suppose to be relaxing, especially in a game.

Second problem, people running through the ponds scaring off fish. People are really rude when it comes this.

anyone have suggestions on how to see the bubble better?
"Second problem people running thru the pond scaring off fish. "

This has been explained before,i can't find the page off hand. but each person gets their 'own' fish. no one can scare off your fish..