Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Confusion about Celestia

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2014
Hey, I just read the Celestia world description, and got really confused about something. Also, just a warning I talk about some stuff that happens in Avalon and a bit of Khrysalis, so idk if this would count as a spoiler technically, but I'm gonna cover my bases anyway, so, you've been warned.

So in the Celestia world description on the website, it says that Morganthe wanted the secrets of Celestia's astral magic, which is explained in the story. The part that's confusing to me is that it says that the battle between Morganthe's forces and Celestia happened centuries ago. So in a last stitch effort they summon the storm titan to defeat Morganthe's army, but they end up being betrayed and the storm titan drowns the whole world. What doesn't make sense to me is, how is it possible for Morganthe to have done this centuries ago? In Avalon we see young Morganthe in ghost Avalon, and she's still a student of Ambrose, so presumably she didn't go and wage a war against an entire world behind merle's back (though I wouldn't put it past her to try). You could say that ghost avalon was from centuries ago as well, which could very well be true, but that would make a lot of the NPCs in Avalon extremely old, which I don't entirely believe as some are also still young (Gwendolyn), but it could still be entirely possible. The part that puts the metaphorical nail in the coffin for me is when you go into Morganthe's dreams in Khrysalis and she's still young. In one of those dreams, before she meets the shadow spider ppl (the arachna in khrysalis I don't remember what they were called) you fight against Malistaire as young Morganthe, so logically that would have to be relatively recently (specifically I feel like that event has to be less than 100 years old because I don't think Malistaire is a couple hundred years old). So at this point I feel kind of crazy bringing up all these points, but I read that and I can't get it out of my mind now so I figured I'd put it up here and see if anyone had any ideas as to how this could possibly work. I feel like the cheap answer is just everyone in the story is just that old, but I didn't think that Malistaire or the others were around when the Celestians were not under attack and the world was lost. So if I do ever get like an "official" response I feel like it'll either be something about shadow magic being able to do something like this, or they are all just really old and Celestia was a world like Azteca, where they thought the world was lost to the spiral, but it really wasn't. Either way I'd really appreciate either some ideas that anyone has to the answer to this and if anyone has any questions about what I meant, cause I'm not really the most concise person, feel free to ask and I'll try to explain better what I was trying to say.
Thanks!

Community Leader
I really like what you just brought up. Makes me very nostalgic about Arc 2's story.

I think it is quite possible that Morganthe and Malistaire are that old. I don't remember all the details, but hasn't Morganthe taken over Khrysalis for years and possibly centuries? This comes to mind when I think about all those NPCs trapped in statues all over Bastion and Silent Market. They were stuck in there for years proven by the several new generations of the survivors.

I think the answer to this might be hidden somewhere in Khrysalis' story.

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Defender
May 11, 2013
Cody RavenTamer on Aug 18, 2020 wrote:
I really like what you just brought up. Makes me very nostalgic about Arc 2's story.

I think it is quite possible that Morganthe and Malistaire are that old. I don't remember all the details, but hasn't Morganthe taken over Khrysalis for years and possibly centuries? This comes to mind when I think about all those NPCs trapped in statues all over Bastion and Silent Market. They were stuck in there for years proven by the several new generations of the survivors.

I think the answer to this might be hidden somewhere in Khrysalis' story.
SPOILERS
if you read on and get spoiled it is your own fault.

They had a 100 year war before they were turned to stone, to answer your question,

Yes Morganthe is in fact that old, as for races "looking young" it is no different then some people looking younger then others who take care of their self's, Ambrose can be seen as a younger self in Wystria, "Old Cob" even says "say hello to Ambrose for me" So clearly he either "read our minds" "knows him" which would make Ambrose a First World Character ( Not impossible ) there are at least 6 we know of, Sons of Spider( can be agrued they were made while he was imprisoned but they still count since the children are a part of him), Spider, Raven, Ravens Child, Felspawn, The titans( which in the level 48 Fire Ice and Storm quests it stats not all titans are sleeping some are alive and active) Ambrose is meant to be a reference to Merlin and in some stories he did increase his life span through magic.

To sum it all up just because the characters "do not look old enough" does not matter they could easily age different then we would think. For further proof of looking young at a old age I refer to the Sea Turtle, they can live for Hundreds of years before dying of old age.