Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A seperation for the old/new spells for Pve/PvP?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2018
Hey, I don't how to put this but I haven't really played in a awhile until I learned that the spells got damage reduction and I got to say it's made this game a little more harder than it already has been. Passing the level 100 mark I've realized all my critical just get blocked and just by damage alone. Some schools have been rendered nearly useless(I'm looking at you myth) and some higher spells are just weaker than the lower ones(If you compare a Fire dragon and a sun serpent you'd be better off with Fire dragon. Does more overall for less but that's just me). PvE just isn't fun anymore and that's mainly why I play so much and now I just cry when playing because I beat bosses by sheer luck. Not everyone has friends to grind with because believe or not, your game isn't as peaked as it was(not to be mean). So I've come up with a simple proposition, I thought about maybe separating these nerfs and sending them for PvP only instead for both PvE and PvP because you guys state that there's player dissatisfaction regarding the gear but yet we grind so hard for that small difference due to the fact that extra 1 or 5% really does matter sometimes. These higher up bosses we're already so hard and they're cheats and stun immunes/critical blocks don't make it easier and with these nerfs, it's hell truly(for me that is I don't know about you guys). Meanwhile the PvP community is having a pretty good time with the spell nerfs because i'm sure that storm wizards aren't annihilating as much as they use too for example and many more reasons(I don't play much PvP so I wouldn't know just assumptions). So PvE should have the old spells back with minor nerfs to the rank 7 AoEs because those spells alone you can do much that's the ONLY part where I agree you can nerf(even though you guys buffed Fire dragon smh) while PvP, the new ones. This is my opinion but only for level 100 and over for the most part and a bit lvl 60-100 as well because even before and now the 9pip and 10pip spells are nearly useless I still only use for bosses back when I was lvl 80-90(again that's just me). Recommend separating the spell updates for PvP only and keeping the spells I grew up using for years for PvE.

P.S. I know you've seen the backlash for these nerfs it's actually sad, saw this game rise during quarantine just for you guys to do this c'mon now.

-, 110
-, 106
-, 62

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
I understand what you're saying. The game is a bit tougher now. The shadow gauge even currently goes up really fast for boss monsters. Personally, I think they should do buffs and nerfs based on the usage of a card. So, like what you used as an example, Fire Dragon would get a slight nerf while Sun Serpent would be buffed.

An example of this with another school is Winged Sorrow. Almost no death wizard uses it yet it got nerfed.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2018
I don't know, who am I to give an opinion. It's not like they'll what I have to say into consideration. I mean they already ignored all the backlash towards the nerfs so it's whatever. I already cancelled my membership and uninstalled. Game just isn't enjoyable as it was mid quarantine(before nerfs).