Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 80 Life Gear: A query on how I can improve

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
So I have a level 81 Life Wizard that I literally just got to Azteca. I’m rocking a full set of Waterworks Gear, with a Jade Ring of Battle and a Lexicon Blade. My wand is the Death Banner available in the Bazaar at level 80 (I can’t remember the name exactly, but I always find it more helpful to rock the opposite school’s wand in case of enemy shields), and my pet is a Kookaburra I’ve trained to Epic. My question is if there is anything I can do to improve this setup? Contrary to the stereotypical support role life usually falls into, I fancy myself a damage dealer. I’m currently in the process of getting the Zafaria crafting badge, and I don’t have any crowns I can spend at the moment. I would just go with some of the other threads’ suggestions, but they seem a bit back-dated to me, and I was curious if they still hold up.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to the Forums!

If you are looking for offense, I suggest utilizing the following gear pieces and/or combination.

You will need to improve your crafting rating for some of these gear pieces

At level 80;

Hat -Helm of the Banneret available from Lewelyn in Dun Dora, Avalon. OR House of Scales Hat [Zig-Zag Hat]

Robe - Ravenous Sun Shaman's Armor [level 84] available from Maguey Century Cat in Floating Mountains, Azteca. This robe is quite good. It is better than the WW, and Zig-Zag Gear. Possibly the best at the current level until level 94 or possibly 100.
The lower tier, level 66 version Pachyderm's Hearty Robes available in Zafaria isn't bad either.

Shoes - The professor hoard pack is ideal for shoes. Moolinda's sandals here is quite excellent. Zig-Zag shoes are good too.

Wand - The Sky Iron Hasta available from Mount Olympus is a good substitute if you don't have the crowns to farm for pack wands such as the ones from the Sinbard or Professor Hoard Packs.

Pet - The pet you have is excellent. But, what are its talents? You will eventually have to invest in a pet or train a pet that has worthwhile talents that can better your current stats.

Good Luck!

Post if you've any queries about the above.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
Thank you for your reply, Star Edward.

As to when I can get back on the game to follow your advice... It’s gonna be a couple days. My laptop charging port recently got damaged and the battery itself doesn’t have any juice left in it. My brother is a computer hardware guy, so I may be able to get him to hook me up with a new part and installation for cheap. If not, I may be in the market for getting a new one soon.

As far as your choices go, I can definitely see that these will be great upgrades to look forward to. I have bought the Professor’s Hoard Pack before, and I do have a level 70 version of the sandals you’ve suggested. From the same pack, I also have a level 70 Moolinda’s Hardy Wrap, which does have Life Feint, but I was wondering if the stat trade-off was worth it.

I also didn’t realize the Sky Iron Hasta was still relevant. That 10% damage boost is that worth using a level 30 Wand? That’s impressive to me. I do have a copy of it on my death wizard. I’ll transfer it when I get the chance.

My pet’s talents, though, I don’t have specifics for, as far as the exact percentages, but I do have the names of the talents. I had to look them up to get the names right, but I’m positive it’s the following:
Life Bringer
Stun Resistant
Tenacious
Tireless

Pip-O-Plenty and Defender would be nice as well, and I still have a chance or two at those I think, but they’d really be just icing on the cake. My Power Pip chance is already super high, and being life makes it easy to heal for a lot of the damage a critical hit can do. And correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure May Cast effects, like the life blade and life trap ones it can get, don’t exactly stack with ones you cast yourself. If that’s the case, then I’d find it a bit unnecessary, personally.

Again, thank you for your suggestions. I’ll be sure to look into getting them whenever I get my computer fixed.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I prefer the crafted Wintertusk hat to the Waterworks hat. The Wintertusk hat adds an item card for your school blade to your deck, which is different from and stacks with your regular blade. In the tough fights coming in Azteca this is very handy to have, and worth the few points of defense you have to give up for it.