Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 54 call to Halston's office

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2016
I am currently on Celestia although not sure if that makes a difference. When I leveled to 54 I got a message from Halston to come see him in Storm School although I am Myth. But each time I go there, Halston has no quest for me. I am now at level 55 and still nothing from Halston. Also when I went to level 55 I had a message that I would hear from Baldur Goldpaws but so far nothing there either. I have started Wintertusk although not gone too far. So why am I getting these quest messages if there are no quests available? Or is this a bug that needs to be fixed?
Thanks.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
not sure about Halston but with Baldour you have to go and talk to him.

Survivor
May 27, 2016
As a follow up I did finally get the Baldur Goldpaws quest. But, I am now level 56 and there is still no quest from Professor Halston. I check every day when I log on to the game, but still nothing.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
Survivor
May 27, 2016
Yes, am half way through floating lands on Celestia and now level 57, still nothing when I go see Halston.

Survivor
May 27, 2016
As a follow up I have now reached level 60 and as soon as I reached it I got three different requests to go see people and all of those people had quests for me. But the level 54 visit to Halston has still not produced a quest and I go see him every time I log on.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I suspect the quest Halston was trying to offer you was "strange frequencies", which was a prequel quest leading to the spiral geographic warehouse. This was a very difficult dungeon that was the original path to getting a spiral key to Celestia. KingsIsle eventually decided the difficulty was too much or something and changed the mainline sequence so headmaster Ambrose just gives you a key. The Spiral geographic warehouse was available as a side quest for years, but for some reason KingsIsle decided to remove it altogether and the questline is officially retired. You should not have received a message from Halston Balestrom about it, your experience seems to be a glitch. Were you perhaps returning to an old wizard that completed Dragonspyre several years ago?

Survivor
May 27, 2016
Yes, I am a returning player but had not played in several years. Thank you for letting me know what happened. I vaguely remembered there was supposed to be some kind of tower quest in Marleybone that started with Halston, so I wasn't surprised to get the call to his office. Just surprised when nothing happened after that. At least now I know why.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2015
I actually received this same message and there was not quest waiting for me. I think that KingsIsle just forgot to remove the message from the game.