Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Transformations Now Crowns Only

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Has anyone else noticed that just recently, like in the last week or so, that the transformations in the Crown Shop have been changed so that they can only be purchased by Crowns? What was the point of getting rid of the gold option, especially when these have been available since 2009? This makes me afraid of seeing other niche items being changed to gold only, making more things inaccessible to new/old players than they already are.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
MarissatheFT on Mar 11, 2021 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that just recently, like in the last week or so, that the transformations in the Crown Shop have been changed so that they can only be purchased by Crowns? What was the point of getting rid of the gold option, especially when these have been available since 2009? This makes me afraid of seeing other niche items being changed to gold only, making more things inaccessible to new/old players than they already are.

I did not know that this had happened recently.

I do not understand why this has happened. There is really no reason to suddenly change the price, and it takes away a minor yet interesting part of the game. It makes no sense.

Kingsisle, is it possible to get an explanation as to why this change was made?

Survivor
Jun 10, 2014
Just double-checked this. Why make such a useless, cosmetic item (that lasts 1 hour) crowns only? Especially, like said above, since they've been purchasable with gold for over 10 years. Hoping this is a bug!

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
I never checked that. That's surprising to hear. Barely anyone uses transformations anyways so I don't see the point in doing any changes there.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
This was a temporary change because some people were apparently using transformations, no-clipping into battle rings, and interrupting other people's PvP streams.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I love transformations, and I wish we had more. (And for gold)

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
I'm a transformation elixir user (dark fairy, draconian most of the time) and i'm really sad they became crown only so:

first plz get them back to gold price even 10 000 gold
second add a siren tranformation
third add all beastmoon form elixir plz

thats a great source of fun on some fight and i made many friend by mutating in to i small or big form at random moment or facing bosses with the boss apearence
(and for the siren form thats a 5 years old demand so plz add it)