Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The new Beastmoon isnt fun.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2016
As the name says, the new beastmoon hunt just isnt fun. The whole timer deal is just impossible to cope with, ive just done 5 matches and we cant even get past the first boss due to spell animations, spiral spells, and casr animations taking too long, plus the time clam gives nowhere NEAR enough time. maybe if more than one spawned or there was more starting time, or if the clams gave a solid 4-5 minutes, it would be FEASIBLE.
But yea thats my take on it.

Developer
This isn't meant to be easy. I was on a team that beat the wave 3 boss just yesterday. Your team needs to be coordinated and communication is key. Everyone needs choose their spells quickly. I would suggest using beastforms that deal the damage for waves 1 and 2. Save the beastforms that shield and heal for wave 3. I would also suggest avoid using damage over time and heal over times spells.

I hope these tips help.

RandomsWorld - Christo IronBlade

Developer
I hear what you're saying and I definitely felt the same way, but there are certain strategies that will help you defeat the third boss with plenty of time left consistently. I think I'm going to make a YouTube guide on this sometime, but for now the best thing you can do is find a good group from discord or what not and do it with a coordinated team.

Survivor
May 28, 2016
I've only played one match and we completed all of the waves within the time limit.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I am against the idea of a time limit being in a game such as this one. The game was designed to be slow, where it takes a minute or so between turns. With a time limit, especially as strict as the one given in Mayhem, playing the game is stressful the entire way through. You have to worry about if you're picking a card fast enough, and then you have to worry if your teammates are picking cards fast enough. The importance of speed just feels out of place in Wizard101.

I have done this event with a good team a few times, and in those instances Mayhem can be pretty fun since I can trust these people to be fast enough that the time limit doesn't even matter. But if you don't have that sort of luxury then this event is stressful and not fun at all. I'm too discouraged to play with random teams.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
RandomsWorld on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
This isn't meant to be easy. I was on a team that beat the wave 3 boss just yesterday. Your team needs to be coordinated and communication is key. Everyone needs choose their spells quickly. I would suggest using beastforms that deal the damage for waves 1 and 2. Save the beastforms that shield and heal for wave 3. I would also suggest avoid using damage over time and heal over times spells.

I hope these tips help.

RandomsWorld - Christo IronBlade
It is possible on the Elemental Mayhem Event, but the Spiritual Mayhem Event is not.

Developer
exp613 on Apr 23, 2021 wrote:
It is possible on the Elemental Mayhem Event, but the Spiritual Mayhem Event is not.
Interestingly, I was having the same feeling, until recently. To better deal with Spiritual, I invested in Death Ninja Pig and the Death Cyclops, and the Spiritual Mayhem became much easier. Previously I'd invested in Fire Elf to make Elemental easier, but I've been struggling this time around. I played over a dozen matches and just was able to beat it today.

I did make the Beastmoon combat system to be different than Wizard's normal combat. I wanted to make it faster paced, give a wide variety of possible combo plays, and to build up strong counters and syngeries between Schools. I also wanted to make it so everyone could get involved, regardless of level (well, over level 10 that is).

In Hunt, time is not much of a factor, but people have to make some adjustment to how quickly you can be defeated and how fast combats end. For this event, we were careful to try and minimize the impact of time.

In Mayhem, we wanted to see if time could be an element in a Beastmoon event. As someone mentioned, when communication and teamwork is strong, time isn't a factor and the experience was fun. When communication and teamwork is a bit lacking, then time is a factor and it can be frustrating. When I find myself in that situation, I try to help new players be better in their next match and take enjoyment in that. I jump back into queue knowing that the pool of players are now a bit better and more experienced.

The time aspect is tricky in terms of how long a full Mayhem run can take. At around 40-45 minutes, a full Mayhem run goes longer than we'd like, so adding time would only make that worse. We had discussed distributing the time differently, perhaps starting people with more time. However, I'm not sure that really addresses the core issue, which is this mode is designed to be difficult and require communication and teamwork. While we want everyone to enjoy it, we know some will like it and others won't, just by its nature.

However, keep playing, keep posting feedback and ideas, and we'll keep trying to make things better!

Developer
I've beaten the Wave 3 boss 10s of times in both Elemental and Spiritual so it IS 100% possible. Again, communication and coordination is KEY