Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Renegade Druid dilemma

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Kingsisle, I insist that the Renegade Druid be fixed! In it's current state it is nearly impossible to beat! It has 175,000 health and powerful attacks. By the time you get sufficient blades to attack, it uses Glowbug Squall to get rid of them all! It's simply too hard to accomplish anything.In it's current state it's absurd! I insist that this creature be nerfed, either by:

Halving the Druid's health, or

removing Glowbug Squall from it and it's minions.

...Please?

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
As I'm typing this very reply, I am fighting the very roach of a boss you speak of. The minions don't help either, one uses plague once in a while, another can use Frost Giant, then the last one can use Glowbug Squall as well. On top of that, the Renegade Druid can cheat use Vengeance and that green aura that gives 4 extra pips per round! As of now, max gear can't handle relentless attacks this boss dishes out due to close to no critical block ratings and somewhat low resist on our gear. I've heard that the next two bosses after the Renegade Druid is even worst! How these three bosses passed the test realm run is BEYOND me!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2015
Are you on twitter? I can tell you how to beat this boss pretty easily. :)

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
treasurehunter112 on Nov 15, 2019 wrote:
Are you on twitter? I can tell you how to beat this boss pretty easily. :)
Not on twitter. I know how to beat this boss, and what to do, the problem is I never get the chance to. Normally I don't like to complain, but I feel the need to speak out because this boss has achieved UNLIMITED UGH.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Even though I managed to get through it, I do agree with you.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
SpooyBoo on Nov 15, 2019 wrote:
As I'm typing this very reply, I am fighting the very roach of a boss you speak of. The minions don't help either, one uses plague once in a while, another can use Frost Giant, then the last one can use Glowbug Squall as well. On top of that, the Renegade Druid can cheat use Vengeance and that green aura that gives 4 extra pips per round! As of now, max gear can't handle relentless attacks this boss dishes out due to close to no critical block ratings and somewhat low resist on our gear. I've heard that the next two bosses after the Renegade Druid is even worst! How these three bosses passed the test realm run is BEYOND me!
The second is not that bad as long as you have a decent team. It was pretty easy for me, not going to hate.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
Problems with this fight that require it being nerfed:

The quicken aura cheat on all enemies. They already hit hard with moon-school tempest. There is no reason for them to have this in light of their stats. There is no reason for one health enemies to have that much damage and critical either if they just serve to intercept all damage.

The critical aura cheat on all enemies, even though their critical is already ludicrously high and their damage output is similarly insane.

The pip gain debuff aura that acts as the late arrival cheat: apparently not even replacing this aura with another one stops the pip gain debuff, which breaks the aura replacement mechanic they've taught us since day one. I.E. if you replace an aura, you get the effects of the aura you have one. That this bs lasts for four whole rounds makes the fight masochistically difficult.

KingsIsle: This fight NEEDS to be nerfed. This and the other two fights seemed to be designed specifically for masochists.

Sincerely,
an EXTREMELY angry player

Survivor
Jun 22, 2015
okay use the balance wizard so you can use that strategy it is the easiest.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
By the Spiral! I just had an absolutely horrendous one! We actually managed to kill the Druid, but the DoT would not affect the minions, so they got the opportunity to crush all of us with a critical, blade-boosted Call of Khrulu! I spent the next hour with furious outrage in my head. Okay, it's the minions that need to be toned down the most. Please make them:

Unable to gain Shadow Pips apart from the Donate Shadow cheat

Unable to use Glowbug Squall, and

Die when the druid does, without needing an extra hit just for them.

PLEASE! I'm going out of my mind here!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Okay, so I FINALLY beat the Druid just now. Also:

IMPORTANT! USEFUL INFORMATION! THINGS LIKE THAT!

As it turns out, the Renegade Druid's minions are able to be destroyed with Supernova! They are gone and neutralized! Balance wizards take note! You may be wanted!

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
The Renegade Druid has a reputation of being a very, very hard boss to beat. Here, I'll show you how it can be made much easier, I used this setup and won pretty handily from second:

You will need

- Balance wizard [if they can heal well thats a big help too, thats like way better you have no idea]
- Ice wizard / anyone that can spam shields and tank / healer
- Storm wizard
- Hitter, can be fire or sumn idk u do u lol

On the first turn, he summons his minions. The round after, they use their aura spell, and you'll note that I listed a balance wizard as a necessary team member. This is because if you supernova the minions' auras, they'll die no matter what. Not sure if this was intended, but for the moment I humbly request that it stays in the game at least until this guy gets nerfed, because without the supernova strategy it does indeed become borderline impossible like everyone is saying. Afterwards, the balance wizard can go on to do balance wizard things like nonstop buff the hitter like they should.

I played ice in my run-through and just went into sentinel and spammed legion. Used my professor's hoard wand to get a nice maycast frozen armor which was also huge. Basically just kept everyone from taking damage, the healer was definitely still working on our storm and fire but nobody was really threatened throughout the whole battle as a result of the druid literally not being able to do damage to us.

The storm wizard is there for the sole purpose of being a secondary support to the main hitter alongside just sitting there spamming storm dispels. This will stop the druid from being able to use bugs most of the time [and even when he does it just removes 3 blades like it has been since like Mirage] as well as draining his pips and keeping him from blading. All around a very important role - the less damage you take, the better. That's a given.

The hitter just has a normal job of blading up and just yeeting the boss into next week. Ours was a fire wizard who went for a rain of fire first that did around 50k, then fled and came back with a scion that did 91k. He then went for another scion later on which finished the boss. You can feint him but he removes the rest of the traps on him, so it's not recommended if you don't pull the indemnity and feint on turn one [or right after they hit].

My run was nice and clean, took about 20 minutes. We were also second, so I bet if we were first we'd have done it in 15 or less.

Enjoy

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
I mean a team and i beat the renegade from second who gave us just about more trouble then what your experiencing. This is a challenge but beating it from second makes me feels good.

Survivor
May 08, 2016
Lookit Light on Nov 15, 2019 wrote:
Kingsisle, I insist that the Renegade Druid be fixed! In it's current state it is nearly impossible to beat! It has 175,000 health and powerful attacks. By the time you get sufficient blades to attack, it uses Glowbug Squall to get rid of them all! It's simply too hard to accomplish anything.In it's current state it's absurd! I insist that this creature be nerfed, either by:

...Please?
Just use supernova tc or have a balance and you can kill the minions in 2-3 rounds. Then, have someone dispel spam the druid and the fight is easy.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I've tried 4 different teams and not yet successful with this one. It seems to me you can blade a hammer but they have to hit within 3-4 rounds or risk glowbug and loss of blades. I initially thought it most likely required a bunch of big hits on the boss, but apparently when you attack all, it takes some of the damage out of the boss that way as well via intercept. In any case, open to any advice or suggestions a kind person would like to share. :-)

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Lookit Light on Nov 16, 2019 wrote:
Okay, so I FINALLY beat the Druid just now. Also:

IMPORTANT! USEFUL INFORMATION! THINGS LIKE THAT!

As it turns out, the Renegade Druid's minions are able to be destroyed with Supernova! They are gone and neutralized! Balance wizards take note! You may be wanted!
I didn't know that. Now that you put that in, I'm expecting Kingsisle to patch it.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Okay, here's a rough list of what I think needs to be changed:

The Renegade Druid's health needs to be toned down to AT LEAST 110,000.

The minions need to be unable to gain Shadow Pips apart from the Donate Shadow cheat.

Glowbug Squall NEEDS to be removed from the Moon minion.

The minions should die when the Druid does, without any need for an additional hit.

Also, when this is all done, remove the ability for Supernova to kill the minions. It's a must-have as the fight is right now, but there's little reason for it to stay if this boss is nerfed. I don't want the fight to be easy, just not near-impossible.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2015
I agree without the supernova minion strategy (Cheat) that the boss needs to be nerfed.

He shouldn't be harder than the last boss, which in current stages (without supernova he is).

I did it without supernova cheat since this will probably be patched and it took me over an hour with a full team. (Basically because of the minions)

I second Lookit Light

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
I know with the release of a new dungeon it always takes time to get to know the cheats and ways around it, but now that players have made it to the final 3 dungeons in the series, but I have heard from the majority of players that you guys have made this dungeon way too hard. For casual players and even many of my friends who have farmed the game away, and it is still too hard for them to complete. This is very discouraging and making many of us not want to play the game further on at this point. If you could reanalyze this, many of us would appreciate it, Thanks for considering all the players in this issue.

Survivor
May 28, 2016
Lookit Light on Nov 15, 2019 wrote:

...Please?
It definitely shouldn't be nerfed. I did this on my first try with randoms (it wasn't even a full team).

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Taylorfirethorn on Nov 21, 2019 wrote:
It definitely shouldn't be nerfed. I did this on my first try with randoms (it wasn't even a full team).
Genuinely curious here. How did the team fight against the boss, and were there any challenging moments? Our attempts at the boss mostly ended in disaster, even with the best teams.

Survivor
May 28, 2016
Lookit Light on Nov 21, 2019 wrote:
Genuinely curious here. How did the team fight against the boss, and were there any challenging moments? Our attempts at the boss mostly ended in disaster, even with the best teams.
Well the team included me (fire) a storm and a life wizard. The storm started to dispel kinda regularly to stop the boss from casting bugs, the life would heal and I would just stack blades until I had enough to rain of fire and eventually kill the boss. Surprisingly near the end, me and the life were defeated in the same turn (since the minions were still alive (the boss was dead)) and luckily the storm survived with a sliver of health and killed the minions with a tempest.

Overall I think we did pretty well. Definitely make sure you have a plan before entering though. These guys had done it in the test realm but I was new to it, so I followed their lead.

I packed loads of blades and one scion, bull, meteor and rain. I believe I also had an aura but I'm not too sure.

We also found a bug with the dots. They would stay for longer than three rounds and I'm pretty sure they only disappeared when the boss died (they might've not disappeared at all to be honest).

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Taylorfirethorn on Nov 22, 2019 wrote:
Well the team included me (fire) a storm and a life wizard. The storm started to dispel kinda regularly to stop the boss from casting bugs, the life would heal and I would just stack blades until I had enough to rain of fire and eventually kill the boss. Surprisingly near the end, me and the life were defeated in the same turn (since the minions were still alive (the boss was dead)) and luckily the storm survived with a sliver of health and killed the minions with a tempest.

Overall I think we did pretty well. Definitely make sure you have a plan before entering though. These guys had done it in the test realm but I was new to it, so I followed their lead.

I packed loads of blades and one scion, bull, meteor and rain. I believe I also had an aura but I'm not too sure.

We also found a bug with the dots. They would stay for longer than three rounds and I'm pretty sure they only disappeared when the boss died (they might've not disappeared at all to be honest).
Looks like you actually had just as hard a time as we did, actually. You only won because the storm had a fraction of health left. I came with every team member knowing what to do and we STILL got destroyed. Congrats on winning the fight!

Survivor
May 28, 2016
Lookit Light on Nov 22, 2019 wrote:
Looks like you actually had just as hard a time as we did, actually. You only won because the storm had a fraction of health left. I came with every team member knowing what to do and we STILL got destroyed. Congrats on winning the fight!
Thanks, hope you manage to make it past the boss.

Survivor
May 28, 2016
Lookit Light on Nov 22, 2019 wrote:
Also to be fair, it was my first time fighting him, so I had no real idea of what I was doing and there was only 3 of us anyways.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
So-o-o, I decided to fight this fellow again a while back, and he's still HARD AS EVER, especially since you can't kill the minions now.