Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death and Beguile

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 24, 2013
Its really dumb how all a death has to do to win in like a 2v2 3v3 or 4v4 is just beguile the opponent and have them kill their team, it takes no skill and is unfair. The death school also hasn't gotten any cards banned from pvp or nerfed. I believe that KI should take action against this and ban beguile from pvp.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
Beguile is basically a stun, but worse. I think it should be no PvP- or atleast restricted in some way within team PvP.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
If you're talking about non turn-based tournaments, well that's why we moved away from that system.
If you're talking about turn based... just don't hit when you're/a teammate is beguiled?

Death hasn't been nerfed because it doesn't need one. Death is pretty low tier, you don't need to make it any worse. Bans are for game balance, not some tit-for-tat deal.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
vuntan on Feb 18, 2021 wrote:
Beguile is basically a stun, but worse. I think it should be no PvP- or atleast restricted in some way within team PvP.
This is completely wrong. Beguile isn't even close to a stun. It just keeps you from hitting. You can blade or shield yourself while beguiled just fine.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
rex22877 on Feb 18, 2021 wrote:
Its really dumb how all a death has to do to win in like a 2v2 3v3 or 4v4 is just beguile the opponent and have them kill their team, it takes no skill and is unfair. The death school also hasn't gotten any cards banned from pvp or nerfed. I believe that KI should take action against this and ban beguile from pvp.
The Death school has gotten a thousand nerfs to their spells.
Bad Juju being the one that was nerfed the hardest.
It needs more utility in 1v1.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2014
rex22877 on Feb 18, 2021 wrote:
Beguile is only a problem in Tournament-Modes that are not turn-based. Is this really enough to warrant banning the card?