Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Community Wishes

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 13, 2016
soleiju on Mar 16, 2021 wrote:
This isn't the first time i've seen this argument against uncensoring LGBT-related words for text chat... so let's debunk it a little bit, shall we?

Sure, people could use them in an insulting way. But isn't that be the same problem that words such as ''ugly'' or ''stupid'' arise? They don't show up in filtered chat specifically because they could be used as insults, but they're allowed in text chat because... well, sometimes, you just want to point out that this piece of gear you just got... isn't quite fitting to your taste in fashion, lol

But back to the issue at hand! If people really wanted to call other players ''gay'' in a degoratory way, they'd go around the filters anyway. Keeping it censored isn't preventing its negative use, but it is restricting its positive one; many of us won't say it (even to refer to ourselves!) in fear of being reported for it.

Now let's pretend LGBT terms got uncensored (again, for text chat only). Here's what happens:

1. LGBT players are just glad our identities aren't considered on the same level as swear words anymore.
  2. We get to befriend people who are also in our community and share similar experiences to us.
  3. A small, yet important step towards inclusivity is achieved in W101.
  4. As for the people spreading hate and insulting others? Well, they get reported/muted/ignored. Wether or not we uncensor gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender... Mean-spirited people will always exist.

Reminder that text chat is 18+. I would understand the concern if younger teenagers could be targetted with these, but that's not the case. At 18 or older, I think people are mature enough to report and step away from someone who's saying bigotted things.

That's about it. Have a good day Coyle
Also thank you for not getting angry about my ideas on this topic like some people do so like, thank you.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
I am pretty sure the locked door is a like the teaser for the next magic school or just and expansion of shadow magic maybeI am talking about another room but thats just what I think. Super sale, yessssss, 80% off 99% off, that would be great and awesome and cool, yes thats a great idea, gonna add more later if I find anything, I think I deleted the previous post explaining this so this just like a faster version so yeah.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Also another idea I have is add your character dialogue, like the character your playing as talks, you know how enemies sometimes say something before battle like some cool sentence, but honestley they are a bit cheesy(cringy) sometimes, but basically have the character say something back, or say something battle, you cant make the sometimes very mean as well, but yeah I thought you should be able to hear your characters voice.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I wish we had more variety of spells and more transformation options in terms of monsters.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Coyle IceBalanceSt... on Mar 23, 2021 wrote:
I am pretty sure the locked door is a like the teaser for the next magic school or just and expansion of shadow magic maybeI am talking about another room but thats just what I think. Super sale, yessssss, 80% off 99% off, that would be great and awesome and cool, yes thats a great idea, gonna add more later if I find anything, I think I deleted the previous post explaining this so this just like a faster version so yeah.
So in lore, the locked door is blocking off the part of the arcanum that was used by the Cabal before the great schism.