Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Promenade Event Feb 2021 -Tips for the event

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 13, 2012
I just finished the Pet Promenade event with a total of 562 of 500 needed points, and recieved a Storm Boon Amethyst as the final reward. Kind of disapointing as I am a Fire Wizard with a fire pet.

It a lot of work for a small reward.The previous rewards are much better IMO; a couple of hatching potions and some snacks though as a lvl 18 Gardener, I have loads of snacks.

Being an avid Pet Collector the Hamster would have been nice to get, but no such luck.

All in all, I had fun with the event so even though I didnt get the good rewards it was still something I would like to keep seeing in the event rotations.

When the next Pet Promenade comes around I hope the final reward will merit the effort and the expense of all the snacks (around 300 snacks give or take were used to reach the final reward) and energy (I know it had to be over 500 energy) used to reach the final prize.

Here are some tips for maximizing your efforts with this event and a few little things I figured out along the way:

For the feed 25 snacks for happiness go to the snack vendor in the Pet Pavilion and buy 25 of the cheap snacks for about 10,000 gold This saves your better snacks for better use.

Play the pet games with a new baby pet. The energy cost is only 2 points for a baby pet. This will help keep the cost of the energy down to a minimum.

Hatching with your own pets is usually much cheaper than hatching from the kiosk and gives you more of an idea about the talents you may recieve.

Use the pets you hatched to play the pet games. This gets them some training and keeps the cost down.

Anyone else have some ideas and help hints for this event?

Administrator
Boris Stormbringer on Mar 1, 2021 wrote:
I just finished the Pet Promenade event with a total of 562 of 500 needed points, and recieved a Storm Boon Amethyst as the final reward. Kind of disapointing as I am a Fire Wizard with a fire pet.

It a lot of work for a small reward.The previous rewards are much better IMO; a couple of hatching potions and some snacks though as a lvl 18 Gardener, I have loads of snacks.

Being an avid Pet Collector the Hamster would have been nice to get, but no such luck.

All in all, I had fun with the event so even though I didnt get the good rewards it was still something I would like to keep seeing in the event rotations.

When the next Pet Promenade comes around I hope the final reward will merit the effort and the expense of all the snacks (around 300 snacks give or take were used to reach the final reward) and energy (I know it had to be over 500 energy) used to reach the final prize.

Here are some tips for maximizing your efforts with this event and a few little things I figured out along the way:

For the feed 25 snacks for happiness go to the snack vendor in the Pet Pavilion and buy 25 of the cheap snacks for about 10,000 gold This saves your better snacks for better use.

Play the pet games with a new baby pet. The energy cost is only 2 points for a baby pet. This will help keep the cost of the energy down to a minimum.

Hatching with your own pets is usually much cheaper than hatching from the kiosk and gives you more of an idea about the talents you may recieve.

Use the pets you hatched to play the pet games. This gets them some training and keeps the cost down.

Anyone else have some ideas and help hints for this event?
Great tips post! If others chime in with their own tips, maybe we'll feature the list in a newsletter.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Agree 100% about the final reward! The time, effort, and gold, that goes into participating in the Pet Promenade deserves a better final reward.

As for tips, all I can say is garden, garden, garden. Couch Potatoes drop rank 5 and 6 spells with each harvest, so you can end up with enough non-mega snacks to help with the Promenade daily goals. Gardening is also a great way to make gold, which you can use to hatch.

Hoping for new gardening seeds with the Spring Update!

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
If you like collecting badges, I recommend playing minigames you don't have maxed out. You get badges for the amount of wins you get in each game. More info here: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Badges#Minigame_Badges

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
if you want to save snacks use an epic pet so you only need to do 5 play to get 50 points/day for 50 energy
keep your bad snacks for happiness if you don't want use them on upgrade

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
  • The cost for feeding pet snacks to your pet for XP will always be 50 energy, regardless of age (except Mega and Ultra). You may have to round upwards with pets of most ages, like Adult pets you'll need to spend 54 energy on. You can actually get a discount on this by ageing up your pet! If you would get a pet from Teen to Adult by feeding it a snack, you would only spend 4 energy for training a Teen pet but get 3 points for feeding a snack to an Adult pet.
  • The lowest Gold cost for hatching a pet is 3,750 Gold. You can do this by taking pets with low Pedigree, training them to Adult (and no further), and hatching them together inside the Pet Hatchery. You can easily get low Pedigree pets from the Pet shop in the Pet Pavilion.
  • Don't forget pet snacks that you get from Gardening or from enemies. Couch Potatoes are great at feeding snacks for pet happiness, as they drop snacks worth 10, 8, 7, and 5 XP. You can combine the 10, 8, and 7 to get all 25 points. You could instead feed 5 5-XP snacks. Couch Potatoes are also great for other reasons
  • The Next Hatch Free Elixir, given at 240 points, is amazing! You can use this, go to the Hatching Kiosk, and hatch with any of the Mega Pets in there for free! You would normally have to spend 90k to 100k Gold, but nope, you get to do it for free.
  • The Fortified Cheese you get at 320 points is also very good! If you can get to Mirage's Rubal Wastes, talk to an NPC named Ramin and buy Fortified Bread from him. You can then use that snack and the Fortified Cheese to create pet snacks worth 40 XP.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2013
Great tips!

However, I disagree with the fact that we have to use pets which are baby to save energy during the pet games.

Basically there’s another objective which requires us to feed pet snacks to pet and we get 1 point per age up to epic (we can obtain a total of 25 points). I did the math and found out that to complete this objective we will require 50 energy whether we use baby or epic. And since the snacks fed to pets after the pet games are also counted towards it, using a baby pet will only contribute 5 points towards this goal (even though we will get 25 points for winning the games) and you will have to separately feed it snacks to get the rest 20 points. Using a pet at another stage will still require 50 energy so basically it makes no difference what stage the pet is at. Although if you are only planning on completing the ‘Win Pet Games’ objective then using a baby pet will be beneficial.

A tip which I would like to add is that Pet Promenade is one of the events for which it is beneficial to do on multiple characters. It is not necessary to get 500 points on each character, but to get around 300 points for the three elixirs (especially the Next Hatch Free elixir). You can use the shared bank to transfer the elixirs and use it on your main character because it saves a lot of gold and time.