Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Family account adding problem.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 08, 2018
Greetings;

About four days ago, my son wanted to play Wizard101 with me, and i wanted to answer his expectations. I have been playing the game through Steam, and i wanted to add him as family member. We have tried connecting the accounts with 4 different wizard101 account, but here is the problem; whenever i try to add his account(s), i get ''Account is locked'' error. I have tried everything i can, in my opinion. Creating another account for my son, creating a new account through steam, contacting KI support,changing my password and Master password, ...etc. KI support told me to use another browser, and sent me Mozilla firefox,Google chrome, Safari and Internet explorer links(to download them). I have tried that too, but it didnt work.
Here is the picture of the error:pasteboard.co/JT3TI8N.png
As you can see, I don't have the option such as ''Make a new account'' which is seen on other Wizard101 account's
manage panel. I wish to solve this problem.

Administrator
Hyphesus on Mar 17, 2021 wrote:
Greetings;

About four days ago, my son wanted to play Wizard101 with me, and i wanted to answer his expectations. I have been playing the game through Steam, and i wanted to add him as family member. We have tried connecting the accounts with 4 different wizard101 account, but here is the problem; whenever i try to add his account(s), i get ''Account is locked'' error. I have tried everything i can, in my opinion. Creating another account for my son, creating a new account through steam, contacting KI support,changing my password and Master password, ...etc. KI support told me to use another browser, and sent me Mozilla firefox,Google chrome, Safari and Internet explorer links(to download them). I have tried that too, but it didnt work.
Here is the picture of the error:pasteboard.co/JT3TI8N.png
As you can see, I don't have the option such as ''Make a new account'' which is seen on other Wizard101 account's
manage panel. I wish to solve this problem.
Hi Hyphesus!

Are you trying to connect a Steam and non-Steam account? Linked accounts can't be a mixture of Steam users and non-Steam users.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2018
Sparck on Mar 17, 2021 wrote:
Hi Hyphesus!

Are you trying to connect a Steam and non-Steam account? Linked accounts can't be a mixture of Steam users and non-Steam users.
Hello mr.Sparck

Yes, I have tried two combinations and none of them didn't work:
  • My son's non-steam account to my steam account
  • My son's steam account to my steam account.
The reason I want to use my steam account is I have already bought a membership on my account.