Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friends list Displaying incorrectly

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2013
Over the past few days I have been clearing out my friends list of those that have gone dormant like i do every 6 months or so. I typically remove those I havent been friends for very long with that either their wiz page isnt even displaying any stats at all or they have gone completely dormant for a long period of time. However this morning when going through my list on one of my wizards I noticed that a friend of mine Ive had for 8 years still was displaying as dormant. However he recently returned to the game after a 2 year break. I know because I have played with him almost everyday for the past two weeks on other wizards but on the same account. He has logged into all of his wizards as a matter of fact to restart all his gardens on two of his accounts. Yet most of his avatar pages there still are blank/no stats and the few that are visually there still say dormant when hovering over his activity status.

Issue is that I now realize if his arent displaying correctly then how many of my friends did I remove that actually are not dormant as well? I have removed dozens off my other wizards because they werent displaying and said dormant. That information when incorrect is a all bad situation when you have been friedns for 6,8, 10 years and removed them because of a glitch. I mean my close friends I usually wont remove but my lists are full and I needed to make room. I depended on knowing this information when I started clearing my lists

Administrator
lalabugu on May 6, 2021 wrote:
Over the past few days I have been clearing out my friends list of those that have gone dormant like i do every 6 months or so. I typically remove those I havent been friends for very long with that either their wiz page isnt even displaying any stats at all or they have gone completely dormant for a long period of time. However this morning when going through my list on one of my wizards I noticed that a friend of mine Ive had for 8 years still was displaying as dormant. However he recently returned to the game after a 2 year break. I know because I have played with him almost everyday for the past two weeks on other wizards but on the same account. He has logged into all of his wizards as a matter of fact to restart all his gardens on two of his accounts. Yet most of his avatar pages there still are blank/no stats and the few that are visually there still say dormant when hovering over his activity status.

Issue is that I now realize if his arent displaying correctly then how many of my friends did I remove that actually are not dormant as well? I have removed dozens off my other wizards because they werent displaying and said dormant. That information when incorrect is a all bad situation when you have been friedns for 6,8, 10 years and removed them because of a glitch. I mean my close friends I usually wont remove but my lists are full and I needed to make room. I depended on knowing this information when I started clearing my lists
Hi lalabugu! Can you email our support team with the character name of your friend and yourself. We'd like to confirm: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
I have this problem as well. I attributed it to moving to a different computer at that time, but I still see stick figures on some players I know are active and have spoken to on other wizards.

My impression is that unless you are actually on that wizard at the same time your friend is on, and I think you also have to click on them in your friends list to force it to download their info, the info just never loads. Just like, I am still getting "wait young wizard, that area isn't loaded yet" messages because the game doesn't download areas until I force it to. Can these issues be addressed?

Even if they aren't currently active, I'd like to clean out my list also but if I have 4 sitck figure wizards named Wolf on my friend list, and I know which one I want to keep, I can't tell which is which when all I have to go by is stick figures.