Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monstrology minions unable to land critical hits

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have a level 140 Myth wizard who is very invested in monstrology. When the new update was released that changed how critical and critical block worked, mobs such as Lost Souls were supposedly able to land critical hits. However, they patch this; but in doing so, they made it so no mobs can seemingly land critical hits. I have a monstrodome that contains Devourer, Renegade, Viggor, and Grandfather Spider who I tested this on with a team. Those mobs managed to combine for a whopping 0/39 on critical hits during my testing.

One of the biggest issues with this isn't just that this is a major nerf to monstrology minions, but also the critical block stat is now completely useless. If mobs have no capabilities of landing critical hits, then investing in critical block is useless outside of PVP. With the changes to critical and block, I was considering investing more into that stat, but now that I know mobs cannot land critical hits, other wizards and myself can simply ignore that stat for PVE purposes.

There are 2 possible solutions to this that could potentially work:

1: Change it back so that mobs have a critical hit chance (obviously from worlds Celestia and up to prevent lower level mobs from landing critical hits) or...
2: Grant some sort of scaling damage buff for summoned monstrology minions to compensate for the lack of damage.

As this thread will likely never be responded to these are simply my thoughts. However, I feel like the uselessness of the Critical Block stat for PVE is something that needs to be addressed.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2012
I agree as well, I would really want my minions to land critical hits so that they could be more useful in helping my lower level characters

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
As another Monstrology fan, I've also noticed this. It's not just a problem with Monstorlogy though, I was questing through Mirage and an enemy critted on me *Only once*.

I purposefully make my deck an overfilled mess as it makes the whole thing that much more tactical, and I enjoy matches that go on for 10+ minutes. But now I tap on any, and I mean any mob with a lightly buffed Athena and and the game is over, meanwhile I've lost maybe one thousand health assuming I was unlucky.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a great, big to-do about the game getting too *easy* in (Cheatless) PVE? Now I can't even be damaged, while the absurdly high crit rate means a match last maybe eight turns at most!

I'm glad crit was finally updated and rebalanced but as it stands, pretty much any non-cheating boss can be cut down like a hot knife through butter.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I too have noticed an abnormal ratio; During my questing and collecting House Guests, enemies almost never get Criticals or Blocks, while I critical almost all the time. Before the changes my Critical chance was just over half and enemies did Criticals at a moderate rate as well.