Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Summer 2021 Update - Your First Impressions

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Welcome to the sizzlin' Summer Update!

Check out all the exciting new things we added, including new ways to meet your fellow wizards to quest with them, upcoming new event content, and of course the many improvements to existing systems.

Here are the update notes: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/july2021

Let us know what you think of it all in a reply below! Please post a separate post in the appropriate area of the forums if you encounter a bug or other issue we need to take a look at.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
As an avid Monstrlogist, my primary focus this update is on the new extracts. And I LOVE Extract Insect. It adds the largest number and, more importantly, widest variety of creatures I've seen in years. That's nothing to say of Dino and Draconian. I'm eager to hop on and add dozens of House Guests to my collection!

Survivor
Nov 11, 2016
I don’t think the new quest lines for firecat alley and cyclops lane are in the live game, not seeing any evidence of the new npc’s in the game on my level 54 fire and are seeing people doing the old quests that haven’t been retired.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2021
Another Monstrologist here, who jumped on ready to buy the brand new spells. Which don't exist. When will the new Monstrology spells be available to buy?

Update: they listed 2/3 locations for Burke in the wrong place, classic Wiz. Draconians are in Dragonspyre (near Zeke) and Insects are in Azteca (Bottom of Silent Market, also near Zeke).

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I'm a little disappointed that my Life wizard doesn't seem to have the new Cyclops Lane quest.

It was a tad frustrating to go to Grizzleheim and not find the Monstrology. THANK YOU for fixing the description.

Love the teaser and in jokes aimed at developers.

Steven Ghoststalker
Max Life

Survivor
Sep 01, 2019
I love the new features! Joining a battle late, the wishlist, and a little look on the new world! I'm diggin it!
Something I noticed kinda funny to me is the agenderpride symbol, I understand it's meant for people who don't "understand" their gender; so maybe Ambrose asking what gender they are in the beginning isn't a good idea anymore

Survivor
Jul 13, 2019
Some thing seems to have changed with the critical block system since the update. I was blocking before the update occasionally on my level 96 Myth (now 102 - completed Darkmoor, still not blocking even with 210 block rate) and my storm wizard with 201 block rate not blocking at all, either. This can be annoying, especially in the new Lumeria sneak-peak, where the storm boss goes critical nearly every round and does serious damage. To not block occasionally makes it frustrating. Was this tweaked? To me, it seems broken now, and I'm a little disappointed.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
I'm loving the ability to join a battle during the planning stage! This makes farming things like Loremaster & Mirror Lake significantly less stressful

Survivor
Jul 18, 2016
Really looking forward to the new pvp matchmaking and elo ranking

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
One more thing: I don't know if this was recently added or if I just never noticed it before, but I really love all the dogs you have walking around/standing in Regent's Square now. My personal favorite is the chimney sweep next to the Digmoore Station elevator :)

Survivor
Sep 01, 2019
A cool feature would be Offline double energy regeneration to promote taking breaks for the wizheads

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
M SilverCollar on Aug 3, 2021 wrote:
One more thing: I don't know if this was recently added or if I just never noticed it before, but I really love all the dogs you have walking around/standing in Regent's Square now. My personal favorite is the chimney sweep next to the Digmoore Station elevator :)
I noticed this as well, and I agree. I think they're great. There are additional NPC's walking around inside Digmoore Station as well; that makes it more real to me. I love it! I also like the new location for Officer Barkley (the Kensington Station quest giver, I think that's his name). It makes more sense to have him by the guard shack rather than just inside the door where he could be easily missed. This is the third location I personally remember him being in, seems he likes to move around a bit.