Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

(2 topics) 6% incoming jewels & shatter but for traps (spell idea)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2013
A: make the 6% incoming healing jewels easier to aquire. I have spend over 3 hours farming secret tunnel and fangles and have not gotten ONE of these jewels. All I ask is that you increase the rates or add somewhere with good rates as i need 5 of these jewels.

B: Shatter, but for traps. We all know the fire 1v1 strategy of use fuel every round shrike.then scion... and there's really nothing we can do about it other than pray we don't die or try and kill them before they can get the scion off. What i think we should add is an treasure/jewel/pet card that works as shatter but for traps. It would probably be a myth spell as that's what cleanse ward is. You would only be able to have one of those cards per deck so it wouldn't make myth too unbalanced (unless its a tc in which case make it drop from a rly hard boss).

Anyway thank you for your time, and i hope we at least get the first thing added.

Survivor
May 27, 2013
Update:
The gems could.be craftable
And the shatter but for traps could.cost a shadow pip

Survivor
May 27, 2013
Sell them for a lot of arena tickets idk just make them easier to get or at least make a consistent way of getting them

Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
IanTF on Jun 7, 2021 wrote:
A: make the 6% incoming healing jewels easier to aquire. I have spend over 3 hours farming secret tunnel and fangles and have not gotten ONE of these jewels. All I ask is that you increase the rates or add somewhere with good rates as i need 5 of these jewels.

B: Shatter, but for traps. We all know the fire 1v1 strategy of use fuel every round shrike.then scion... and there's really nothing we can do about it other than pray we don't die or try and kill them before they can get the scion off. What i think we should add is an treasure/jewel/pet card that works as shatter but for traps. It would probably be a myth spell as that's what cleanse ward is. You would only be able to have one of those cards per deck so it wouldn't make myth too unbalanced (unless its a tc in which case make it drop from a rly hard boss).

Anyway thank you for your time, and i hope we at least get the first thing added.
I believe what your asking on the second paragraph is an cleanse all ward spell. I can see this happening as a myth spell at the cost of 3 pips. The same goes for cleanse all charm spell. Both spells clears of all negatives or damage buffs add on by the opponent. As of right now we only have single target cleanse ward and cleanse traps.

Myth is the only school as of right now than can counter trap stacking fires with dimension shift. But it requires you have a minion out to deal with it.

Also remember than fire is a hitting school next to storm or even more so than storm. We should not try to limit fires capability of doing just that. Its one of the few perks that makes up for its identity and there are still ways of slowing down the tempo against fire users, such as set shields, aegis protected shields or elemental shields. Having a decent amount of resist is also useful against fires. Carry dispels and weakness for shrike, and use double shields of diff version which would force them do use a dot.