Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better Cacti, please!

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 27, 2013
Why do the people at KI hate cacti? (I’m not really sure you hate cacti, it just seems like it.)

Even the most lowly of KI trees have a bark texture. Many of them go on to have good or even great leaf detail. Your flower patches have lovely texture, as do you lily pads. The stand alone flowers are quite well done, often with great detail.

But then there’s the cacti. Alas, they have gone seriously wanting. There have only been three house item cacti that I know of (I welcome to be corrected). Azteca Cactus is the best effort, despite lacking perspective depth. At least there are cactus fruit and a few spines and some texture. Cactus Pods are abstract at best, with red diamonds for texture. They’re interesting, but as much alien as they are cacti. Then there is the newest addition, simply called Cactus. I’m glad that we have a new cactus, yet I am also dismayed on a few levels. The body of the plant could pass for a green French fry and the arms have obvious angles, not curves. Compared to your other plants, this is a cheap effort at best. Also, I’m led to believe that Cactus represents a saguaro, the King of Cacti. Had this been a real saguaro, it might have stood just over two stories tall and might have been at least as thick as a Large Cypress Tree. The body of the plant would have actual ribbing, not stripes. There might be holes, where owls or wrens live. These are very mighty plants! Take a look at photos of (or visit) the National Saguaro Forrest in Arizona. Also, none of the house item cacti have blooms. Some of the most beautiful blooms in the world belong to cacti. It would be nice to have a blooming cactus or two for our houses. The only blooming cacti I recall having seen in W101 are from Eloise's Mirage Cactus Blossom Quest and are not actually collectable. I would love to have these well designed, blooming cacti in my W101 houses!

Thank you for reading.