Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

any chance to get soil plats on castle block floor

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2014
In order to keep my garden less messy, I created castle block floors above my two layer garden in the inside area of my botanical gardens.

It has worked very well for items, but I now find that it doesn't work well for plants.

For my couch potatoes I decided to plant a king parsley that I would keep in second spring.
Unfortunately there are extremely few places I could put a soil plot.

I thought I had finally solved it by planting it on a dwarven table.

The other day I found that it wasn't quite placed right and didn't cover one bottom couch potato.
I decided to try again, but in removing it I couldn't make it work anymore. The few places I was able to put a soil spell on the table I couldn't plant a seed.

I finally decided to try put a soil on some crates in between the floor and my plants but that also failed. I could place the soil, but seed wouldn't take.

I also ran into one more problem. one of the blocks is now stuck. I haven't been able to figure out how to remove it.

I think it is somehow attached to my castle blocks. I realize I could unlock my castle blocks, but if that is the case, then a large floor section will also get removed when I remove the crate and I will have to then wipe out the garden just to get the floor section put back.

So, along with a request for a future feature change of allowing soil plots and seeds to be placed anywhere on the castle block floors, I wouldn't mind the ability to switch the glue capability on key housing items off so individual items like crates could be easily removed without removing other items to which it is glued.

I know that has worked with the tatami mat in the past but I did try and couldn't figure it out in this particular case.
I will have to try again once my garden reaches elder just in case the plants are somehow hindering my attempts.

I hope that all made sense.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
CaitSith99 on Jun 30, 2019 wrote:
In order to keep my garden less messy, I created castle block floors above my two layer garden in the inside area of my botanical gardens.

It has worked very well for items, but I now find that it doesn't work well for plants.

For my couch potatoes I decided to plant a king parsley that I would keep in second spring.
Unfortunately there are extremely few places I could put a soil plot.

I thought I had finally solved it by planting it on a dwarven table.

The other day I found that it wasn't quite placed right and didn't cover one bottom couch potato.
I decided to try again, but in removing it I couldn't make it work anymore. The few places I was able to put a soil spell on the table I couldn't plant a seed.

I finally decided to try put a soil on some crates in between the floor and my plants but that also failed. I could place the soil, but seed wouldn't take.

I also ran into one more problem. one of the blocks is now stuck. I haven't been able to figure out how to remove it.

I think it is somehow attached to my castle blocks. I realize I could unlock my castle blocks, but if that is the case, then a large floor section will also get removed when I remove the crate and I will have to then wipe out the garden just to get the floor section put back.

So, along with a request for a future feature change of allowing soil plots and seeds to be placed anywhere on the castle block floors, I wouldn't mind the ability to switch the glue capability on key housing items off so individual items like crates could be easily removed without removing other items to which it is glued.

I know that has worked with the tatami mat in the past but I did try and couldn't figure it out in this particular case.
I will have to try again once my garden reaches elder just in case the plants are somehow hindering my attempts.

I hope that all made sense.
You know what feature I'd love to be added? Allow a friend to change things in our castle!

I feel confident I could fix what you're talking about easily...unfortunatley I can't from my account.

That said, I can come and look at it and if you're ok following directions we can fix it together

If you'd like some help just let me know your wizard name and usual availability (include time zone) so we can arrange to meet in game.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2014
Fiona Dune Bright.

Arranging a time is a bit harder :)
EST5EDT I guess evenings are best.

I usually log on for a quick few minutes in the morning for gardening or daily and sometimes in the evenings.

Otherwise I should be pretty clear Friday and Saturday afternoon and Sunday.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
CaitSith99 on Jul 3, 2019 wrote:
Fiona Dune Bright.

Arranging a time is a bit harder :)
EST5EDT I guess evenings are best.

I usually log on for a quick few minutes in the morning for gardening or daily and sometimes in the evenings.

Otherwise I should be pretty clear Friday and Saturday afternoon and Sunday.
Awesome, I'll be on fiona frogfinder in Dworgyn commons on Friday at 5pm Eastern time.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2014
I am so sorry, this day delay of posting confuses me and I forgot to check yesterday. Ending up spending the afternoon at the animal shelter.
Can we shoot for next weekend?

Survivor
Aug 29, 2014
I have a correction to my previous post after chilling a bit. My garden was at elder so I harvested and was able to pull the crate. It was locked to the plants and glued to the dwarvyn table above.

Still can't seem to plant a seed in the soil above the castle block floor but I can stick with keeping king parsley on the ground next to the couch potatoes and once elder shouldn't accidentally harvest them once I apply second spring.

At the very least my wizard won't get tangled in them trying to run through harvesting my plants :)

Thank you so much for offering to help.
Just in case, though, I will try to remember to leave my wizard spinning Monday and Tuesday in the Dwarvyin realm commons.
Sadly 1 second random power outages are a bit of a norm in the development I live in and I don't have a UPS so my poor pc and clocks suffer. So will my wizard.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
CaitSith99 on Jul 6, 2019 wrote:
I have a correction to my previous post after chilling a bit. My garden was at elder so I harvested and was able to pull the crate. It was locked to the plants and glued to the dwarvyn table above.

Still can't seem to plant a seed in the soil above the castle block floor but I can stick with keeping king parsley on the ground next to the couch potatoes and once elder shouldn't accidentally harvest them once I apply second spring.

At the very least my wizard won't get tangled in them trying to run through harvesting my plants :)

Thank you so much for offering to help.
Just in case, though, I will try to remember to leave my wizard spinning Monday and Tuesday in the Dwarvyin realm commons.
Sadly 1 second random power outages are a bit of a norm in the development I live in and I don't have a UPS so my poor pc and clocks suffer. So will my wizard.
It's all good, cya soon