Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

M1 Support - Mac Wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 01, 2019
I’m not sure if I’m in the right place for this,

As someone who sometimes plays on my Mac I was curious about how the new M1 processor from apples new computers may affect the W101 client. Is the optimization for M1 different than figuring out compatibility for something like operating systems? What will the timeline be for that kind of support? (I guess I want to know if it’s something we should expect to take a long time or what level of priority this kind of thing has?)

Administrator
bbqboi11 on Nov 27, 2020 wrote:
I’m not sure if I’m in the right place for this,

As someone who sometimes plays on my Mac I was curious about how the new M1 processor from apples new computers may affect the W101 client. Is the optimization for M1 different than figuring out compatibility for something like operating systems? What will the timeline be for that kind of support? (I guess I want to know if it’s something we should expect to take a long time or what level of priority this kind of thing has?)
Greetings! No worries, I've moved your post to Halston's Laboratory.

Typically the processor is going to be compatible, it's the OS and software that you want to double check. At the moment the game will not run on the latest OS, Big Sur. We are working on a resolution to resolve this issue.