Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should KI remove the Disconnected due to inactivity?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
I always wanted to ask this but should they remove the
(Disconnected due to inactivity) when being IDLE or AFK too long

Normally when your AFK for 8min without moving or doing something the game kicks you some players find this function annoying some found out how to AFK spin or us Anti-AFK scripts using AHK

When I was a new player I didn't know this function existed in wizard101 some games I played don't have this function you can be AFK as long as you like.

now I know people are gonna say why remove it? or just keep it

Reason 1:some players troll so standing IDLE or AFK too long can be a problem with people in dungeons or lobbies meaning realms or servers this can lead to people trolling or people annoying others for fun as well as annoy people who are just standing AFK for too long so yeah that's a problem.

Reason 2:This would be helpful to be removed if your doing something in real life for an example your AFK for about 10min or 11min you told your team you're going to be AFK or BRB 10min or 11min later you see this notification on your screen and it says (Disconnected due to inactivity) so what do you do? you have to login again and you might be kicked from the dungeon you were doing HOWEVER it will not kick you if you're in a fight or battle auto pass will kick in for you so when your AFK you get 2 options to flee or return to the fight this is helpful BUT you will be useless not helping your team and you might die if your AFK too long.

Reason 3: Having this AFK kick function REMOVED does help if a new player doesn't know how to AFK Spin some players don't know about this function in wizard101 again some players are like me who had played games that have no auto IDLE kick or auto AFK kick so either KI can warn new players about this first or have it removed cause my recommend option is for this to be removed.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
No, many players have other problems with their computers or internet connections at various times. When that happens, they do not get a warning.

When KI does it, at least the "Disconnected Due to Inactivity" does let the player know it was not their computer or internet.

LEAVE it.